youth and gender equality, role of youth in gender equality, promote gender equality as a youth, sbcc counseling appointment,t-marc tanzania jobs,t-marc tanzania
Position; Senior Advisor – Gender and Youth
Reports to; Gender and Youth Manager
Duty Station: Lindi, Iringa, Njombe, Mtwara, Ruvuma, Morogoro
Working closely C3HP project team, Local government and implementing partners the Gender and Youth senior advisor will provide technical support in the implementation of HIV/TB integration activities with focus on gender and youth to ensure these issues are incorporated in the implementation of community activities. She/he is responsible for the overall supervision and directing the technical component of the project ensuring Gender and Youth is effectively executed in-line with programs expected results.
The candidate for this position must have an experience working in Tanzania in implementing social and behaviour change activities focusing on gender and youth HIV/AIDS and TB activities. This position requires the ability to work with multiple teams in the field thus requiring a creative and strategic thinker comfortable working in an environment with multiple competing priorities. This position will require country travel up to 60%.
Specific Roles & Responsibilities
- Support the development of workplans including annual works plans and budgets
- Ensure the participation of key gender and youth partners such as government, implementing partners and civil societies in the project activities.
- support the routine monitoring and supervision of activities timely and feedback to the project to inform decisions.
- Support the development of SBCC approaches, materials and tools relying on innovative and agile methodologies.
- Participate and contribute to the regional level gender and youth activities with key stakeholders such as collaborative meetings, technical meeting meetings and national working groups.
- Work with the project team in coordinating and facilitation trainings
- Ensure that gender and youth materials such as job aids, training materials are available and CHWs are oriented.
- Contribute to documenting experiences, preparing reports, presentations, briefs and articles for publication.
- Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary program planning, development, resource availability and management activities function smoothly and efficiently.
- Contribute to timely and appropriate reporting.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Degree in public health, Health communications, Sociology, or related field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in designing, implementing, and evaluating SBCC interventions, including a focus on HIV/AIDS, TB, gender, and youth.
- Experience and ability to design of community based SBCC Interventions.
- Familiarity with principles and approaches in community mobilization and understanding of HIV/AIDS and TB programs.
- Exceptional interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively in multi-cultural teams and with technical and administrative staff and consultants