wash jobs in tanzania 2021, catholic relief services jobs 2021, catholic relief services projects, wildlife jobs in tanzania 2021, wash jobs 2020, crs tanzania, social work jobs in tanzania 2021, environmental jobs in tanzania 2021,wash jobs in tanzania 2021, catholic relief services jobs 2021,catholic relief services projects, wildlife jobs in tanzania 2021, wash jobs 2020, crs tanzania
Job Title: Senior Finance Officer
Reports to: Finance Manager
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work are accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS in Tanzania works in very close collaboration with the catholic Churches and implements programs through both Churches and secular local partners. CRS has been helping poor, vulnerable families improve their lives through orphans and vulnerable children, agriculture, health, microfinance and WASH programming in Tanzania since 1962.
You will help coordinate and contribute to the implementation of the Country Program’s (CP’s) accounting systems, policies and procedures in compliance with CRS’ established accounting standards, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donors’ rules and regulations, and legal requirements to support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. You will efficiently perform accounting services through documenting financial transactions by compiling, analyzing, and verifying account information; preparing account entries; and delivering financial reporting services.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
• Conduct assessment of sub recipient financial system and internal control using CRS standard checklist, properly document Capacity assessment results and outcomes in in each sub recipient file and follow up sub recipient implementation of the corrective action plan and provide technical assistance.
• Conduct and Document monitoring trip reports and communication result in sub recipient file, follow sub recipients’ action towards the identified findings and implementation of corrective action plan.
• Set and monitor sound accounting and financial reporting procedures sub-recipients and partners following established standards.
• Review and validate supporting documentation before processing of financial transactions to ensure all required documents are accurate and complete and authorizations are in place.
• Record financial transactions following appropriate authorizations. Review and analyze various accounts to detect irregularities. Advise on corrective actions and prepare correcting entries and adjustments, as necessary.
• Monitor disbursement/receipt schedules, alert relevant project staff of due payments/liquidations and maintain appropriate communication and follow-up to facilitate timeliness of financial resource management and compliance with set deadlines.
• Prepare various periodic and ad hoc financial reports and perform variance analysis to assist project staff with decision-making. Assist with budget maintenance for proper management of financial resources.
• Provide information to project staff, sub-recipients on financial accounting policies and procedural compliance issues and deliver training and other capacity building activities.
• Perform assigned treasury project (cash payment/receipt, cash forecast, etc.) duties.
• Participate in development of projects’ budgets.
• Perform any other task assigned by Supervisor
Basic Qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration majoring in accounting and any other related field.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA), ACCA or equivalent is a must.
• Minimum of four years’ experience in a position with similar responsibilities, preferably with an international or local NGO, Auditing firms or a financial/banking institution.
• Knowledge of the relevant public donor regulations is preferred.
• Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems. Proficient in Word, Web Conferencing Applications.
• Substantial budgeting, budget/expense analysis, and accounting experience.
• Knowledge of local law in taxation and local regulatory reporting procedures.
• Knowledge of financial accounting package or similar financial reporting software preferred.
Required Languages – English and Swahili.
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 40%.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Good time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks
• Strong customer service orientation with good communication and interpersonal skills
• Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
• Continuous Improvement & Innovation
• Builds Relationships
• Develops Talent
• Strategic Mindset
• Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: Accountants
Key Working Relationships:
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
HOW TO APPLY:
• Interested qualified candidates should submit their letter of application together with their CV in PDF or Word format in a single attachment which outlines their experience and sustainability of the position applied to email address TZ_HR@crs.org not later than 31st December 2021.
• The applicants should clearly state the Job title applied for in the subject line of the email.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Female candidates, people with disability and people from other recognized marginalized backgrounds, are strongly encouraged to apply for this position. CRS Tanzania recognizes many people do not have access to university education, limited capacity to travel, women take career breaks to care for family, and physical access for people with disability is limited in some workplaces including in the field. In all recruitments, CRS Tanzania uses a competency-based selection process. This ensures that if a candidate does not have a university degree or many years of experience, their competencies and existing expertise is assessed and valued.
UNDP job Programme Associate – Women’s Leadership & Economic Rights Mtwara UNDP job, Location :… Read More
Program Officer job at International Rescue Committee June, 2022 Program Officer job, Requisition ID: req28691 Job… Read More
Logistics Manager Jobs at Twalib Logistics Co.ltd June 2022 Logistics Manager Jobs, Twalib Logistics Co.ltd… Read More
Paramedic Jobs at Tindwa Medical and Health Service TMHS June 2022 Paramedic Jobs, Tindwa Medical… Read More
Assistant Production Manager-1 at Unilever June, 2022 Assistant Production Manager |Business Context and Main Purpose… Read More