How do job seekers use social media?
Table of Contents
sharia and products officer jobs in tanzania, sharia and products officer jobs 2021, sharia and products officer jobs dar es salaam, sharia and products officer jobs masaki, sharia and products officer jobs sinza, sharia and products officer jobs kariakoo, sharia and products officer jobs zanzibar, sharia and products officer jobs mikocheni, sharia and products officer jobs, amana bank job vacancies 2021, kcb bank tanzania, ajira amana bank, amana bank job vacancies 2021, mikopo ya amana bank, ajira amana bank, amana bank tanzania, jinsi ya kufungua account amana bank, amana bank zanzibar, amana bank head office dar es salaam, akaunti za amana bank
POSITION: Sharia and Products Officer
LOCATION: Head Office-Dar es Salaam
• To develop and enhance banking products and process; and ensuring Sharia compliance in all financing and operational activities of the bank.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To assist the head of Sharia and products in development of new products and enhancement of the existing products.
• To assist the Head of Sharia & Products to prepare training materials and managing
Sharia & Products training programs.
• To assist the Head of Sharia & Products in making follow up to ensure remedial actions are taken timely to address Sharia Audit findings.
• To assist the Head of Sharia & Products to conduct product performance assessment and prepare products performance report quarterly.
• To administer Charity and Zakat Fund activities properly as per the manuals, including visitation of the beneficiaries and verification of the applications.
• To assist the Head of Sharia & Products in Fatwa management.
• To assist the Head of Sharia & Products to review policies and manuals annually.
• To assist the Head of Sharia & Products to prepare and review financing contract packages, forms, and any other required documents.
• To assist the Head of Sharia & Products to prepare required technical documents
(e.g., Taxation amendment proposals to accommodate Islamic banking) and make follow to ensure Islamic banking legal and regulatory framework is available in Tanzania.
• To assist the Head of Sharia & Products to prepare products papers, SSB and Board papers timely.
• To assist the Head of Sharia & Products to research and develop sharia compliant capital markets products (Sukuk and government security instruments).
• To ensure the profit is fairly distributed to depositors as per the profit distribution model (PDM).
• To assist the Head of Sharia & Products to prepare products easy guide.
• To perform research on Sharia aspects for each product, fatwa, or sharia related issues before it’s presentation to the Sharia Supervisory Board for decision making.
• To offer guidance to the staff and clients on Islamic banking/financing instruments and related guidelines.
• To conduct assessment on Sharia compliance in all activities and operations of the bank, with the objective of ensuring the activities and operations are carried out in line with Sharia rulings and suggest enhancements in the process flow, best practices, and product features.
• Being pro-active to identify products issues and resolve them timely in proactive manner.
• To analyse available Islamic products and services in the market and to see how the bank can leverage on the same.
• To train bank staff and ensure that the business and financing management team has sufficient skills to enable the products to be efficiently implemented including documentation requirements, pricing dynamics and processing requirements.
• To help the bank to keep up to date with the new Sharia requirements/decisions issued by the SSB and international body e.g., AAOIFI/OIC Fiqh Academy/IFSB.
• To represent the Bank at internal and external forums and events including meeting with Bank customers as required.
• To support the market department by reviewing communication contents, promotion materials, and social media platforms to ensure are in line with Sharia
• To support the financing management department and branches to ensure financing facilities are issued as per product financing manuals and are in line with Sharia principles.
• To make follow up to ensure inventories are sold timely before being used or sold by customers.
• To support the marketing department to present products and propagate Islamic banking knowledge through various media.
KEY COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
• Excellent research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Commercial thinking and Sharia minded.
• Creative approach, ability to anticipate challenges and provide innovative sharia compliant solutions.
• Ability to train and couch Islamic banking & finance topics.
• PA.Ob. Biloitxy97t7o1,write papers and prepare reports.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Degree in Islamic Banking and Finance or Degree in Banking/Finance/commerce with additional certification or Diploma in Islamic Banking and finance.
• Professional Qualification in Islamic banking, Shariah (Jurisprudence)/ Islamic Studies is an added advantage.
Deadline for submission of application is Friday, 24th December 2021.
All applications (Application letter, Resume, and copy of certificates) should be sent through [email protected].
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.