North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit a Survey Assistant to join the MRM Team. The successful candidates will be responsible for delivering all survey requirements to underground and open pit mining operations, update and execute production survey plans according to short and medium-term production planning requests to achieve the mine’s short-term targets, with zero injury within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and Best Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies.
This is a permanent role, reporting to Mine Surveyor.
- Ensure work is performed in accordance with approved Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Participate-in and provide a strong contribution to the site safety and environment culture.
- Assist on all open pit survey operations including but not limited to face, pattern, ore blocks, Grade control mark ups etc.
- Assist on all Underground Survey operations including but not limited to face, production rings, cable bolts, scanning (CMS), Bore raking etc.
- Assist on site and/or offsite engineering construction project such as roads, buildings, dams, pitch etc.
- Assist on all stockpile measurement such as Aggregate, Sand, Soil, Clay, Ore and Waste.
- Assisting Bathymetric survey of Tailing Storage Facility and other water bodies within the mine.
- Assist Mine Surveyor(s), Survey Technician(s) to update water level, disturbed land and topsoil. Stockpile for weekly and monthly reporting to Environmental Department.
- Assist Survey Technicians as required in their day-to-day duties.
- Making sure all section Light vehicles, Survey equipment and store are kept clean.
- Adhere to and improve procedures and practices for survey data collection.
- Assist survey data compilation into correct formats and grid reference systems.
- Assist to survey as-built surveys for all excavations and infrastructure.
- Form IV or VI with basic knowledge of surveying principles.
- Basic certificate in Geomatics/Land Surveying or related field will be added advantage.
- At least 2 years of working experience in relevant position and mining environment (Working experience in open pit and underground mines will add an advantage).
- Excellent safety record.
- At least 1 year in Road Building and Dam Construction projects.
Survey Assistant Job Vacancy.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Basic knowledge of surveying principles.
- Familiarity with modern surveying equipment.
- Basic computer knowledge on Microsoft Office and any mining software.
- Possession of current and valid Tanzania driving license.
|WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU: A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and benefits. Ability to make a difference and lasting impact. Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team. Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.|
|HOW TO APPLY: Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME Indicating the role title “SURVEY ASSISTANT” in the subject of your email Send your application via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.Please forward applications before 09th March, 2022.BEWARE OF FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES! NMGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our compliance Hotline, by calling Toll-Free Number +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com.|