Get information Related to geita gold mine job vacancies 2022, buzwagi gold mine job vacancies 2022, bulyanhulu gold mine jobs 2022, ajira geita gold mine 2022, shanta gold mine vacancies 2022, geita gold mine website, jobs in tanzania 2022, geita gold mine jobs,bulyanhulu gold mine jobs 2022, mining jobs in tanzania 2022, nafasi za kazi migodini 2022
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: HME Welding Inspector
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Reporting to: enior Supervisor – Welding
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The purpose of the role is to perform Quality Checks on welding repairs and NDT Inspections of all equipment as directed by Superiors or on Work Orders. The goal is to prevent any catastrophic failure on major equipment by detecting faults before they fail. The incumbent assists the Senior Supervisor – Welding in direct supervision and responsibility for Welding repairs, ensuring all procedures are being followed. The role holder will also be responsible for correcting non–compliant procedures when used. The role will also be required to perform Non – Destructive Testing (NDT) on welds and provide specialist feedback and reports for corrective action.
- A minimum of Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) and,
- VETA Trade Test Grade One or Level Three or its equivalent in Welding and Fabrication or above.
- A qualification or sound knowledge in Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) methods in welding inspection activities (i.e., MPI, DPI and UT) will be an added advantage.
- At least 2 years’ working in mining industry as a welding inspector.
- Proficient in use of Magnetic Particle Testing equipment.
- Proficient in all areas of Ultrasonic inspection.
- Proficient in the use of Dye penetrant inspection process
- Understanding of the fundamentals of SMAW, SAW, GTAW FCAW, GMAW, MMAW, Soldering, mechanical cutting, thermal cutting / gouging, brazing / braze welding.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of Magnetic Particle Inspection; ultra-sonic inspection, radiographic inspection, Liquid Dye penetrant Inspection, quality procedures and quality, audits / surveillance.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of welding metallurgy.
- Understanding of welding symbols and drawings.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
HME Specific Accountabilities:
In-Process Welding Inspection and Surveillance
- Verify all welding in compliant with specified welding procedures, including pre heat, and inter pass temperature control and post heat requirement.
- Ensure Welders follow procedures and report any non-compliance.
- Ensure all Weld preparation meets the agreed Weld procedures.
Inspection and Test Plans
- Provide assistance in the preparation of Inspection, Test plans and repairs procedures.
- Monitor and report on wear rates, on all wearing surfaces using Ultrasonic Testing, and communicate reports appropriately.
- Study all NDT results and present written report relating to faults.
- Act as a responsible person for NDT methods, such as: Liquid Penetrating methods / testing, magnetic particle testing; radiographic or ultra – sonic testing should it be used.
Excavator Undercarriage Accountabilities:
- Monitor excavator undercarriage wear rate.
- Carry out on monthly basis, Inspections and measurements to determine life span of the shovel undercarriage
- Ensure preventive maintenance and stock ordering is forecasted by means of wear experienced and life left.
- Work to reduce down-time due to unplanned maintenance.
- Ensure planned change-out based on data collected.
General Inspection Accountabilities:
- Post Weld Visual Inspection: Ensure visual Inspection and dimensional check of the completed weld against specifications are met.
- Cost and Standards: ensure proper application of the requirements of codes and standards and ensure specifications are met.
- Parent Material Identity: Verify against documentation and markings of correctness of parent material.
- Welding Consumables Identity: Verify correctness of welding consumables (electrodes, filler wires, consumable inserts, gases, fluxes etc.) against weld Procedure Specification.
- Pre – Weld Inspection: Ensure dimensions fit up and weld preparations are in accordance with the Engineering drawings and weld procedures as directed.
- Pre-Heating: Ensure preheats (where required) are in accordance with specified procedures.
- In Process Welding Surveillance: conduct surveillance during welding to verify compliance with specified procedure including any preheat, inter-pass temperature control and post heat requirements.
- Magnetic Testing: being skilled in the use of MPI, check for faults on welds and structures.
- Dye Penetrant Inspection: Where necessary use DPI to check for faults in components.
- Maintain stock levels of all consumables for use in completing NDT.
- Provide quality feedback reports on Inspections and maintaining all reports on X Drive in a neat an orderly manner.
- Ultrasonic Testing: being skilled in the use of Ultra Sonic testing, find internal faults in the welds and equipment as required.
- Calibrate equipment when necessary.
- Pre-plan each inspection to ensure cleaning is organized and completed before commencing NDT
- Ensure sufficient task analysis is completed to carry out work safely.
- Maintain and use equipment as designed.
- Ensure work is performed as per instruction and current work orders.
- Ensure all work is carried out to quality and specification requirements and that documentations are in order.
- Ensure reports for work orders are completed accurately and on time.
- Monitor Welding Contractors work on site, to ensure they meet the Welding standards specified.
- Specialized Welding: Inspect and report on any pipe work, or pressure vessel work requiring compliance at all stages of the welding process.
- Reporting Systems: provide assistance in setting up procedures to capture all reporting related to welding job completed by Contractors and any specialized Certified welding completed on site.
- The Inspector must be trained and obtain certification to carry out ND tests.
- Computer literate and able to prepare reports.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Communicate effectively orally and written.
- Demonstrate work behaviors consistent with the Company values and work within prescribed boundaries, including required behaviors, company policies, standards, procedures and legislation requirements.
- The role holder will need to be physically fit as the job will require entering manholes in sticks and booms to do inspections, from time to time and he / she will be required to work at heights.
- The role holder may at the times be exposed to loud noise or toxic substances and must make necessary precautions to protect eyes, nose, ears and skin from injury or irritation.
- Valid Tanzanian Driver’s License.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the ‘APPLY‘ button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover/application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Officer 2 – Investigation”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 18th February 2022 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com