Get information Related to geita gold mine job vacancies 2022, buzwagi gold mine job vacancies 2022, bulyanhulu gold mine jobs 2022, ajira geita gold mine 2022, shanta gold mine vacancies 2022, geita gold mine website, jobs in tanzania 2022, geita gold mine jobs,bulyanhulu gold mine jobs 2022, mining jobs in tanzania 2022, nafasi za kazi migodini 2022
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Officer 2 – Investigation
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Reporting to: Specialist 1 – Investigation
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Apply the strategic framework for the security operations and help to integrate the objectives of security
with other functions and service areas, ensuring that long-term objectives are clarified and resourced
within the context of achieving Company goals.
- At least Diploma in investigation / law / criminal justice / police science / law enforcement, intelligence studies or other related field of study.
- Five years’ experience working in a gold mine investigation unit.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Ensure investigations are effectively conducted.
- Supervise performance of junior staff and shift supervisors regarding opening of investigation cases, interviewing suspects, witnesses and statement taking.
- Prepare docket / charge sheet / complaint form for various cases.
- Investigate crimes e.g., misconduct cases, theft, fraud, and gold cases.
- Gather information, relevant documents, and evidence related to cases.
- Attend disciplinary hearings, labor cases, CMA, and court cases.
- Liaise with Police and Government Officials as stakeholders on various matters related to the role.
- Minimize crime on site by apprehending culprits through investigations and recovering/retrieving stolen property.
- Establish and maintain effective / active informer network within and outside the mine site.
- Report outcomes of disciplinary cases as required.
- Hand dockets to Investigation Superintendent for inspection purposes.
- Keep potential loss file up-to-date and report outstanding potential losses to Specialist – Investigation.
- Keep safely all dockets and investigation reports for future use/ audits.
- Update daily and weekly report related to investigation duties as will be assigned by supervisor.
- Adhere to company safety values as safety is our first value.
- Adhere to Voluntary Principles of Security and Human Rights (VPSHR) to avoid third party fatalities, injuries, and self-injuries.
- Adhere to the Six Security Safety Golden Rules.
- Adhere to other GGML company policies and procedures in place.
- Other lawful duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Computer literate – Intermediate proficiency in Advanced MS Word, Excel, and Microsoft Outlook
- Valid Tanzania driver’s license.
- Basic knowledge on legal, human rights, and applicable legislations.
- Knowledge on Project Management in an investigative project-based environment.
- Conversant with all the commonly used investigation principles and techniques.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the ‘APPLY‘ button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover/application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Officer 2 – Investigation”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 18th February 2022 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing [email protected] or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com