dhl jobs tanzania, dhl vacancies 2022, dhl job vacancies, dhl tanzania, shipping line jobs in tanzania, dhl tracking tanzania, dhl tanzania address, dhl vacancies 2022, nafasi za kazi dar es salaam,
Customer Clearance Supervisor Job Opportunies At DHL Tanzania March 2022
Position: Customer Clearance Supervisor
IT’S NOT JUST AN OPPORTUNITY TO GET ON THE CAREER LADDER.
IT’S AN OPPORTUNITY TO HELP THE WORLD GET ON TOGETHER
Why do people call us the world’s most international company? Is it because we operate in more countries than any other logistics provider? Is it because we invented cross border shipping over 45 years ago? Or is it, perhaps, because what we do connects people across the world. And the more we can connect people, the better life on earth becomes.
We love our role in the world. And we’re looking for the right people to help us maintain – and grow it. People like you.
To manage, develop and expand the express business, providing direction and leadership, ensuring profitable growth, satisfactory cash flow, enhance market leadership and be acknowledged as the provider of Industry leading service standards. Delivering great results without compromising on Respect.
- Organise appropriate shifts and manning levels to meet business requirements.
- Monitor inbound and outbound shipment processing and ensure clearance is smooth and rapid.
- Control the ISEs and Declarants to ensure proper assessments, lodgement, and billing and recovery of duty and taxes for all shipments before they leave DHL facility.
- Liaise with customers where paperwork and authorities are required from them to expedite clearance of their shipments.
- Identify the cost saving/efficiency opportunities.
- Deploy applications as per Customs standards.
- Supervise the responsibilities for all Customs clearance services.
- Ensure the levels of pre-clearance/pre-release of shipments is maximised
- Ensure timely payment and recording of customs duties / taxes.
- Ensure customer databases are developed and updated
- Responsible for work processes that affect the success of own role and contribute to the overall performance of the department.
- Execute proper decisions during processing and clearance of shipments to ensure smooth flow of operation within Gateway facility.
- Timely report issues to be raised to the higher level to get the appropriate support.
- Refer complex and unusual problems to manager.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including those in relation to health, safety, environment and community.
- Coordinate regular contact with customers in relation to held shipments.
- Manage consignees in clearance of sensitive or restricted shipments.
- Support the manager with the practical experience and knowledge in daily activities.
- Liaise with customs officials on specific duties payable and problem shipments.
- Comply with the regulatory policy and rules.
- Follows up on all customer enquiries and provides quality feedback to customer service on service incidents when need arises.
- On an ongoing basis, seek out and implement opportunities for continuous improvement within the operation domain.
Education & experience
- 4+ or more years of experience in related area of responsibility.
- Subject matter expert in service, operations, or support area of responsibility.
- Comprehensive knowledge in technical or specialty area.
- Takes the lead in effectively applying new processes and skills in accomplishing tasks and teach them to others.
- Diploma in Procurement & Supply, Customs or Logistics & Transportation from recognized education institution.
- TRA Customs Clearance Certificate is an added advantage.
We are looking forward to your application.