Most job seekers are already using social media in their job search,
Utilizing social media in your job search can help you to network with potential employers, research companies and find job postings.
If you’re not sure how to get started, join with us on social media group!
Deputy Chief of Party Job Opportunities at World vision 2022
Get information related to deputy chief of party job description,deputy chief of party job,what does a deputy chief do,deputy chief of party jobs
World Vision is the largest child-focused private charity in the world. Our 34,000+ staff members working in nearly 100 countries have united with our incredible supporters to impact the lives of over 200 million vulnerable children by tackling the root causes of poverty. Through World Vision every 60 seconds…a family gets water…a hungry child is fed…a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Motivated by our faith and guided by our deep experience and expertise, we are a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world and creating lasting impact that will live on in generations to come. We serve all people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or gender.
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Deputy Chief of Party Job Opportunities at World vision 2022
The DCOP will provide managerial and technical support to the Chief of Party (COP), assisting in areas including work planning, performance management, engagement with local counterparts, and strategic communications. He/she will provide strategic leadership and direction so that program components sexual reproductive health and right, economic empowerment, labour market information, access to finance, and economic and job opportunities, gender equality, health and nutrition are results-oriented, deliverables are high quality, and reporting is relevant and timely leading to the achievement of program goals. Additionally, s/he will be responsible for providing technical leadership and oversight to AP’s outside the project headquarter. S/he will oversee the development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of program approaches and activities, mentor staff, and ensure that the anticipated project results are achieved. This is a full-time position based in Tanzania and is contingent on award to WVT
NB: This position is pending donor approval
- Provides managerial and operational support to the COP, assisting in areas including work planning, performance management, continuous learning, and strategic communications. This includes working closely with WVT’s home office, COP and project leads to develop work plans and monitor activity timelines.
- Provide substantive involvement regarding development of technical management and oversight for the accomplishment of the objectives of the activity including the supervision of project technical leads.
- Support reporting, update and implementation of the technical strategies, identifying technical assistance needs, and mobilizing required technical resources and staff. Responsible for harmonizing the objectives of the activity specifically ensuring effective complementary and efficient implementation.
- Leads and oversees all technical assistance, including those delivered by subcontractors and grantees, across the Horticulture Activity’s priority technical areas.
- Contributes to the development of the Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan (AMELP)
- Supports a culture of learning and adaptive management by contributing to data analysis and applying key learnings from knowledge generated to adapt program activities as appropriate.
- Together with the COP, serves as a senior manager to ensure activities are following DONOR rules and regulations and activities meet program targets.
- Supervises the technical team composed of market linkage, productivity, technology commercialization, policy and enabling environment, and risk and resilience specialists.
- Works closely and maintain positive relationship with DONOR officials, implementing partners, regional organizations and other stakeholders in support of activity goals.
- Provides guidance and training to managers and staff to achieve activity objectives and intermediate results.
- Coordinated technical response in program implementation
- Strong performance and teamwork of grants staff
- High quality of programme deliverables.
Leadership And Management
- Oversees and support staff and activities and work with various WVT stakeholders, including private sector firms, associations and cooperatives, community groups, government officials and other development partners.
- Supports the preparation and finalization of work plans that define the activities to be executed under the contract.
- Assist in the drafting of quarterly reports, which document the project’s progress, and assist in the development of all other major contract deliverable.
- The DCOP will support the COP to coordinate and provide leadership for the successful implementation of all project activities including sub-grants award process activities, grant implementation due diligence and will be a member of the grants review committee.
- Ensures that program implementation is undertaken in accordance with DONOR regulations and procedures, and the specifications described under the scope of work and contract
- Supervise day-to-day field operations, including use of office space and equipment, administration, logistics, procurement, budgeting and accounting.
- Oversee the project Human Resources, and work with the Senior Management Team to resolve any human resource issues.
- Coordinate, as necessary, with any other DONOR partners, including joint responsibilities or functions and sharing of assets as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance of financial and operations systems with WVT policies and procedures, DONOR rules and regulations, award requirements, and Government of Tanzania laws
- Maintaining rigorous focus on the achievement of the Activity’s Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Manage the Team and ensure that they meet their targets/deliverables.
- Prepare and submit annual and quarterly financial and accrual reports to DONOR.
- All program expenses are compliant with WV and donor requirements
- Ensure strong engagement in international and local resource mobilization, including positioning and support to grant acquisition efforts to raise additional resources and diversify WV Tanzania’s portfolio.
- Ensure that a strong national Monitoring, Learning & Evaluation (ML&E) strategy is in place and that ML&E systems are streamlined to reduce processes and focus on child well-being.
- Ensure accountability for the implementation of effective ministry to all key stakeholders. Ensure a relevant, timely and accurate flow of management and operational reports according to program objectives and standards and to meet reporting requirements from donors, Regional Offices, local partners.
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation on time and suggest appropriate adjustments to the Chief of Party and work with Cluster leaders in addressing these risk-related issues.
- Ensure proper technical capacity of staff is available
- Effective and accurate reporting and communication:
- Establish and maintain effective reporting, evaluation, and internal communication.
- Ensure timely and accurate reports that meet donor requirements.
- Networking and Liaison with different stakeholders.
- Liaise with host government officials, local communities, and other organizations as appropriate.
- When delegated by the Chief of Party (COP), represent the project in meetings with donors and other stakeholders.
- Carry out additional responsibilities and projects as assigned, including administrative and planning functions.
- Grant is delivered on time and within allocated budget
- Financial reporting is accurate and delivered on time
Required Professional Experience
KNOWLEDGE.QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
- Familiarity with DONORS policies and procedures regarding contract management, financial reporting, procurement processes, systems, and grants and contracts management. experience with construction procurements a plus.
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellence overseeing Finance & Accounting, Procurement, and Grants under Contract functions of large DONOR-funded projects.
- Ability to integrate, lead and motivate teams of professionals around common goals
- Demonstrated accomplishment in working with host-country professionals, government ministries and donor colleagues in-country.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills in English.
Required Education, Training, License, Registration, And Certification
- A Master’s degree in business, finance, management, economics, international development, or a related field (or a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and 5 additional years of relevant experience)
- At least six years’ experience working in an operations management capacity on a donor-funded activity, of which at least two years must be in a position that involved supervising staff and at least three years’ work experience overseas in developing countries.
Preferred Knowledge And Qualifications
- Knowledge on or experience working on projects on economic growth, market systems, and/or resilience focused projects is preferred.
- Experience working collaboratively with host country governments and the local private sector and coordinating activities with those of other donors.
- Experience managing culturally diverse teams and working with counterparts from other cultures.
- Possess excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated skills, abilities, and experiences to manage sub-contracts and sub-grants.
- Familiarity with USAID and other US Government organizations’ rules and regulations is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word and MS PowerPoint, with expert knowledge of MS Excel
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- Travel: 50% Domestic travel.
- On call: 5%
- Ability to work in a tight schedule
- Cross cultural environment.
Language: Both Fluent in English and Swahili Language.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Contact (within WV or outside WV)
- Grants and Acquisition Manager – Proposal development and review tasks
- Finance and Grants Manager – DME Functions and project management issues
- Technical Leaders and Sector Specialists– Education, R&L, H&N, WASH and ICP – On Technical Programming issues related to Designing, Baselines, Evaluations and Monitoring of programmes
☐ Be Safe and Resilient
☐ Deliver Results
☐ Build Relationships
☐ Be Accountable
☐ Learn and Develop
☐ Improve and Innovate
☐ Partner and Collaborate
☐ Embrace Change
☐ Model Self-Management
☐ Engage, Influence, Lead
and Grow Others
☐ Run an Effective
and Agile Organisation
☐ Develop the Organisation
for the Future
Applicant Types Accepted
Local Applicants Only
Explore More Job Vacancies Here
Learn how to write the best resume for this job click here
Check Also: nafasi za kazi tanzania march 2022, nafasi za kazi tanzania 2022, jobs opportunity in tanzania 2022, jobs tanzania 2022, jobs tanzania 2022 march, ajira tanzania 2022 march, ajira tanzania 2022, nafasi za kazi wiki hii