How do job seekers use social media?
Table of Contents
Tanzania Rural and Urban Roads Agency (TARURA) is an Executive Agency of the President’s Regional Administration and Local Government, (PO-RALG), Established under Section 3(1) of the Executive Agencies Act. (Cap.245) by Order Published in Government Notice No. 211 dated May 12, 2017; and was inaugurated on July 02, 2017. Tanzania Rural and Urban Roads Agency (TARURA) is vested with the responsibility of managing the development, rehabilitation, maintenance, axle load control, environmental and road management of rural and urban roads network for the social-economic development of Tanzania.
On behalf of the Chief Executive, the Regional Manager of Kagera intends to recruit self-motivated, qualified and competent Tanzania to fill the followings vacant posts on contracts basis.
Position Tittle: Driver II (2 POSTS)
Duty Station: Kagera Regional Manager’s and Ngara Distric
• A National Form Four Certificate,
• A Valid Class ‘C’ or class ‘E’ Driving license issued by relevant Authority,
• Basic Driving Course issued by VETA or any recognized institution,
• A trade Test Grade III in Motor Vehicle Mechanics will be an added advantages,
• Fluent in both Kiswahili and English
• Must be a Tanzanian Citizen.
Work experience: At least one year without causing an accident.
Age Limit: Not above 45 Years of Age.
Salary: According to TARURA Salary Scale.
Duties and Responsibilities;
• To drive motor vehicles in accordance to road traffic rules and regulations;
• To inspect motor vehicles before and after any route/journey in order to identify required maintenances or rehabilitation;
• To ensure that a motor vehicle and its equipment’s(jack, spanner, space tyre etc) are available and are in good condition;
• To carry out minor/routine maintenances of vehicles;
• To ensure that motor vehicle doors and windows are properly locked and safe all the time;
• To ensure cleanness of motor vehicles at all time;
• To record and maintain records pertaining to any journey in the Logbook;
• To assist in collecting and dispatching mails;
• To report any accident immediately to Supervisor or Traffic Police;
• To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All interest applicants are invited to apply and submit their handwritten application letters to the under mentioned address not later than Hand and Email delivery shall not be acceptable.
• All applicants must attach updated Curriculum Vitae (CV’s) having reliable contacts: Postal address, Telephone numbers, and names of three referees.
• All applicant must attach certificate copies of education and professional certificates, CV, passport size, birth certificate.
• Applicants are reminded to quote the correct number of the advert in their application letter. Only the short-listed candidates will be conducted.
• Application who have worked with public institution but have unsatisfactory previous records indicating poor performance and found guilty with disciplinary offences shall not be considered and any misrepresentation of such fact shall be subjected to legal measure.
Deadline for submission 6th May, 2022.
This is to insist that: TARURA is an equal opportunity employer, but women are highly encouraged to apply.
Application letter should be posted to the following address not otherwise
Tanzania Rural and Urban Roads Agency (TARURA),
P O. BOX 551,