How do job seekers use social media?
Table of Contents
Chauffeur (private driver) job at U.S. Embassy Dar es Salaam May, 2022
- Announcement Number:
- Dar es Salaam 2022-030
- Hiring Agency:
- Embassy Dar Es Salaam
- Position Title:
- Chauffeur (All Interested Candidates)
- Open Period:
- 05/18/2022 – 06/01/2022Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone:
- LE – 1015 3
- TZS TSh17,899,897
- Work Schedule:
- Full-time – 45 hours a week – work schedule
- Promotion Potential:
- Duty Location(s):
4 Vacancy in
Dar Es Salaam, TZ
- Telework Eligible:
- For More Info:
Phone: +255-22-229 4148
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Chauffeur in the General Services Section.
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
- Travel Required:
- 50% or less
up country travel
This position is responsible for driving U.S. Government-owned vehicles carrying passengers and cargo. Serves as a chauffeur in the U.S. Embassy motor pool with responsibility for seeing to the safety and comfort of passengers in transit and security of cargo when transporting supplies and equipment. Acts as a messenger in delivering invitations and other various documents. The position is supervised by the Motor Pool supervisor.
(70 %) CHAUFFEUR
Operates motor vehicles carrying personnel in the city and on up country trips in Tanzania. Assists all passengers with luggage or other materials they may be carrying. Acts as a messenger in delivering documents or invitations in the city. Provides courteous service. Maintains neat, clean, and professional appearance at all times. Serves as a back-up Truck Driver when needed.
(20%) Motor Vehicles Operations and Maintenance
Responsible for the safety operation and maintenance of the assigned vehicles. Responsible for the proper loading and unloading of the vehicle and security of cargo in transit. Cleans and inspects the vehicle before, during and after each trip. Reports to the
dispatchers of any vehicle defects. Ensures that the vehicle has an adequate supply of fuel (min 50% full tank), oil and coolant. Delivers the vehicle to the garage for preventive maintenance.
Makes daily entries on trip tickets, vehicle inspection reports, and fuel purchases in ILMS/FMIS. Completes daily vehicle inspection logs. Immediately reports to the Dispatcher and the American officer of accidents. Prepares accident reports as early as possible.
Note: This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by incumbent. Incumbent will be required to perform other duties as assigned by the agency.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: Must have a minimum of three years of passengers driving experience (core duty of the position) from private corporations or government agencies is required.
- Education Requirements:
- Completion of Primary School is required.
- LANGUAGE: Level III (Good Working Knowledge) speaking/reading/writing of English is required. Level III (Good Working Knowledge) speaking of Kiswahili is required. (this may be tested).
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Driver’s license class “B”, “C”, “D” and “E” with no records of accidents for the last 3 years is required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam offers compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- Other Information:
- For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
1. AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
2. AEFM / USEFM
3. FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- To apply for this position, applicants MUST apply electronically via ERA.
For more information, visit this link https://tz.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
- Required Documents:
- Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Copy of School certificate
- Drivers License
- National ID Copy (NIDA)
- Proof of Citizenship (VOTERS CARD OR PASSPORT)
- Basic Computer Skills
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted only via email.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Tanzania.
The deadline for submitting the application is 01 June 2022.