How do job seekers use social media?
Table of Contents
Public Relations Officer Il job at Ardhi University May, 2022
ARDHI UNIVERSITY-INTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
Temporary Employment Opportunity
Ardhi University has a temporary vacant position in Administrative cadre. The University subscribes to the policy of an equal opportunity employer and therefore invites applications from candidates who are interested to work in a thriving University environment and have the requisite skills, qualifications and experience for a position indicated below:
Position: Public Relations Officer Il (Convocation Liaison Officer) (1 POST)
Holder of First Degree/Advanced Diploma in Journalism/Mass Communication or any other related field plus excellent ICT skills
Purpose of the position:
Responsible for developing and implementing the convocation strategies as stipulated in the Constitution of Ardhi University Convocation in order to foster good alumni relations that will build and strengthen relationships between the University and Alumni and other members of the community.
- Establish, maintain and update a functional database of ARU Alumni.
- Responsible for alumni communication and publicity, including print and online publications targeted at alumni; Web and email communication, Alumni Relations web site and web services for alumni; Social media and e-communications on convocation matters.
- Develop strong student, alumni, staff and other volunteer networks working with key individuals to support and develop strategies for alumni relations activity
- Organize events related to convocation (both in person and online) for alumni and other friends of the University, within the University and elsewhere, and attend such events as needed.
- Serve on committees relating to convocation relations, and serves as liaison between Ardhi University and the alumni community
- Manage the University’s relationship with Convocation to ensure that the Convocation functions effectively and in a way that benefits the University.
- Provide Administrative Support to ARU Convocation i.e. arranging and providing support to Convocation Committee meetings and Annual General Meeting, such as organizing venues, distributing agendas, papers and minute-taking, plus ensuring actions are carried out in a timely fashion.
- Develop strategies for encouraging and supporting academic and other departments in undertaking events and communications which will promote good alumni relations
- Liaise closely with, provide support to, and help direct the activity of various alumni groups. (j) Contribute to promoting and supporting fundraising for convocation activities.
- An understanding of the University environment and knowledge of the higher education sector
- Experience of working in alumni relations/administration in the education sector
- Experience in event management
- Experience of using social media tools
Experience in posting content on websites (f) Experience working with databases
- Experience working in a fundraising team
- Experience in successful recruiting, managing and motivating volunteers
- Excellent IT skills especially in database applications, mail emailing, mail merge, MS Word and Excel and Social Media tools (WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram etc.)
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Administrative skills
- Effective time management
- Able to write and speak fluently (Kiswahili and English) for different media
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL APPLICANTS
Applicants must submit signed application letters accompanied with the following:
- Copies of relevant academic and professional certificates;
- Applicant’s current CV.
- Three names and addresses of referees;
- National Identity Card (NIDA)
- TCU verification for Foreign County Degree Certificate
Applications should reach the University by using the address below not later than 3 weeks from 12th May, 2022 the date of publication of this advertisement.
The Deputy Vice Chancellor
Planning, Finance and Administration
Ardhi University P.O. Box 35176
Dar es Salaam
The deadline for submitting the application is 30 May 2022.
public relations officer job description, duties and qualities of public relations officer, duties of a public relations officer in an organisation pdf, public relations officer salary, public relation officer duties and responsibilities, public relations officer in school, list of careers in public relations, ardhi university job vacancies, arden university jobs