How do job seekers use social media?
Table of Contents
Data Officer job opportunities at ICAP
A global health leader situated at Columbia University, ICAP has worked since 2003 with one central goal: to improve the health of families and communities.
Position Title: THIS ICT and Data Officer (multiple positions)
Reports to: IT Manager Employment Type: Full-time Job Location: Dar es Salaam
Travel: Up to 80% travel outside of job location
About THIS 2022-2023:
The Tanzania HIV Impact Survey (THIS) is a national population-level HIV impact assessment (PHIA) conducted with support from the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and technical assistance through the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and ICAP at Columbia University. THIS is being led by the Government of Tanzania (GoT) through Tanzania Commission for AIDS (TACAIDS) and Zanzibar AIDS Commission (ZAC), and the Ministries of Health (MoH) of Mainland and Zanzibar, National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), the Office of Chief Government Statistician (OCGS), and the President’s Office Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG). The survey will be implemented by NBS, OCGS, and ICAP in collaboration with local partners, including the National Institute of Medical Research (NIMR), the Zanzibar Institute of Health Research (ZAHRI), Public Health Laboratories, the National AIDS Control Program (NACP), and the Zanzibar Integrated HIV, Hepatitis, Tuberculosis and Leprosy Program (ZIHHTLP).
Overall Job Function:
Reporting to the ICAP IT Manager, the THIS ICT & Data Officer will be responsible for training and support data collection team, provide technical support to ICT survey technologies aspects (including data collection IT systems including tablets and servers) by configuration, troubleshooting and insuring data security to facilitate high-quality survey data collection.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Attend in-country meetings on data management and security and facilitate consensus on data architecture plan.
- Collaborate with NY-based Lead SI Advisor, regional ICT Specialist, and in-country IT team to conduct testing and deployment of ODK tablet forms.
- Troubleshoot platform-level technology issues that may arise with tablets and under the guidance of the NY-based Data Manager, regional ICT Specialist, and in-country IT
- Help identify and resolve potential connection issues within the s survey team (e.g., from tablets to a group router, from lab equipment to tablets, etc.).
- Conduct daily data quality control checks under guidance of NY-based Data Manager, regional ICT manager and in-country IT
- Provide remote technical assistance by phone or through remote access of tablets used during
- Provide in-person training and technical support on ad-hoc basis for field
- Provide technical assistance to MOH ICT team to obtain and maintain local copy of survey
- Install application updates under guidance of NY-based Data Manager, regional ICT Specialist, and in-country IT
- Control and maintain an active inventory of tablets and other ICT equipment, report and send damaged equipment for repair and
- Help troubleshoot any software and connectivity issues with PIMA machines, LDMS systems and coordinate return of
- Perform other related duties as assigned by
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Informatics, Engineering, or related field.
- Required Experience: Minimum of two (2) years of related experience managing and working directly with health informatics applications and databases from large research
- Demonstrated experience in providing remote assistance (e.g., from a central office location) to public health teams working in the field.
- Demonstrated and successful experience managing large, population-based survey
- Demonstrated experience in working with mobile telecommunications technologies (GSM, 3G/4G, etc.), mainly in disconnected
- Demonstrated experience conducting data quality checks and producing data collection monitoring
- Demonstrated experience in using and troubleshooting electronic data collection tools, especially tablets.
- Basic understanding of cloud-based data storage service offerings, android platform and network connectivity understanding using TCP/IP protocol suite.
- Strong writing and verbal communication
- Experience working with issues relating to HIV/AIDS.
The position is contingent upon availability of grant funding. Columbia University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, gender, religion, creed, national and ethnic origin, age, citizenship, status as a perceived or actual victim of domestic violence, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a Vietnam era or disabled veteran, or any other legally protected status.
The deadline for submitting the application is 02 June 2022.
Check more information about:- icap tanzania job, new job opportunities at icap tanzania 2022, latest job vacancies at icap tanzania 2022, icap tanzania email address, icap tanzania jobs, icap tanzania jobs 2022, jobs in icap, icap job application, icap job portal, icap tanzania job