About North Mara
The North Mara gold mine is located in north-west Tanzania in the Tarime district of the Mara region. It is around 100 kilometers east of Lake Victoria and 20 kilometers south of the Kenyan border.
North Mara started commercial production in 2002. The mine is a combined open pit and underground operation from two deposits, Gokona (underground) and Nyabirama (open pit).
- Accurately drill a series of Blast Holes to a design pattern using a Sandvik DI650i DTH drill rig.
- Read and accurately follow mine instruction plans with skill and precision ensuring holes are drilled to design line, gradient and profile.
- Communicate with surveyors, geologists and engineers to optimize drill patterns and meters.
- Set up and troubleshoot on Blast Hole Drill rigs, specifically on the Sandvik DI650i DTH rigs.
- Comply with relevant Mines Safety and Inspection Act and Regulations
- Must carry out standard work place inspection practices and procedures and prepare the areas for drilling, charging or scraping in accordance with mine safety procedures.
- Compliance with Standards using relevant information and individual judgment to evaluate and determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, and Barrick standards and procedures
- Participation in all applicable safety, prestart and shift team meetings
- Compliance to all applicable mine safe work procedures / safe operating procedures;
- Training, Coaching and development: Identifying the educational or training needs of others and suggest to the supervisor. Coaching and helping team members to improve their knowledge/ skills
- Ensure tramming and set up times for the drill rig is optimal.
- Ensure that Delays due to RDT change out are minimized.
- Efficient and correct application of the drill rig to maximize productivity
- To be pro-active in all aspects of operational safety and encourage teamwork across departments and sections
- Ensure efficient utilization of resources; Drill machines, drill bits, hammers, Water truck etc. and ensure NO abuse.
- Report breakdowns, equipment damages, safety near misses, incidents and accidents according to the laid out procedures including completing the Shift report at the end of each shift.
- Participate and support Succession Planning within the Mining Team to ensure progressive development of Tanzanian employees to assume positions of increasing accountability.
- To be pro-active in all aspects of operational safety, efficient utilization of the resources, Continuous Improvement ideas and Projects; and encourage teamwork across the departments
- Deputies for Drilling Supervisor as required
- Any other duties that may be assigned to fulfil the overall business objective
- Closely monitoring the progress of trainees through training reports and discussions with department managers and taking appropriate action to ensure that participants achieve the required standard of competency in a safe and cost efficient manner
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by the Drill Supervisor
Driller Job Vacancy at Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD
- Secondary School Certificate / Vocational Training/ Apprenticeship in a related field / college program in heavy equipment operation
- Hold a valid driver’s license
- Heavy Mobile equipment operation skills.
- Mines Health & Safety Act Awareness
- Minimum of one year recent experience in RC or large diameter DTH drilling.
- DTH and RC Drilling operations
- Bits and other RDT selection and performance
- Equipment parts and components identification
- Pass Aptitude test and Dover test
- Consistent demonstration of Barrick Core Values
- Strong conceptual thinking ability
Experience And Competencies Needed
- Previous experience working as a Blast Hole Driller DTH
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Underground Mining Industry.
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization
How To Apply
- Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s online
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “ Driller ” in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please forward applications before: 31st May, 2022.
We are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.