How do job seekers use social media?
Table of Contents
Microfinance Advisor job at Trias May, 2022
Trias is a Belgian international development organisation supporting around 100 member-based organisations of farmers and entrepreneurs in 14 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin and Central America. Our East-Africa office, based in Arusha, is looking to recruit a Microfinance Advisor supporting various programmes conducted in Tanzania mainland and Zanzibar.
The Microfinance Advisor will serve as the technical lead in access to finance systems development. The Microfinance Advisor’s activities will centre around improving the strategy, financial performance, efficiency, reporting and services of financial institutions which Trias supports. The Microfinance Advisor will be based in Arusha with frequent travel to our implementation areas, work closely with the Microfinance, Entrepreneurship, Financial Inclusion, and Market Systems Development Advisors, and report to the Regio
nal Knowledge Manager.
The primary responsibilities of the Microfinance Advisor are:
- Training, advising, guiding, and mentoring Trias supported SACCOS and MFIs to grow their member’s share capital, total assets, savings, credit funds, improve the portfolio at risk, increase membership (especially for youth, women, and underprivileged) and strengthen their capacity to provide better services to their members.
- Formulating, reviewing, and applying inclusive strategies, policies, procedures, and practices for operations of SACCOS and MFIs which Trias capacitates.
- Consulting and/or supervising the administration and processing of loans, designing of products, collection of debts and maintenance of accurate records for SACCOS and MFIs which Trias capacitates.
- Moderate the digitalisation of SACCOS and MFIs which Trias supports, to ensure availability of more accurate data, transaction turnaround time, stronger customer communication, lower operational costs, and enable data-based decision making.
- Prepare/present timely and accurate microfinance progress reports and factsheets.
- Counsel our associated SACCOS and MFIs on coordinating and executing outreach services, including sensitisation, recruitment, and training both existing and aspiring members on SACCOS products and services to ensure maximum uptake.
- Communicating credit policy and other procedure manuals and ensuring adherence of SACCOS and MFIs which Trias supports.
- Configuring linkages to SACCOS and MFIs to growth-oriented entrepreneurs and MSMEs (especially youth, women, and underprivileged), who have received business development and market access services.
- Develop and upgrade microfinance and access to finance methodologies, tools, and training materials to support our partner organisations and the SACCOS and MFIs that Trias works with.
- Gathering, merging, analysing, visualising, and using financial data to advise our programs, prepare high-quality reports and proposals for our stakeholders and donors.
- Taking a lead in identifying, cultivating, and developing new alliances and access to finance opportunities for youth, female, and underprivileged entrepreneurs.
- Contributing to inclusive access to finance strategy development around business development and market systems development.
We are looking for a candidate that ideally:
- Is Tanzanian.
- Has an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in a relevant field such as business, accounting, finance, or economics.
- Has excellent English speaking, writing and presentation skills and speaks Kiswahili fluently.
- Brings a great working relationship with private sector players relevant to access to finance programming.
- Thorough understanding of the Tanzania Microfinance Act.
- Has proven training and coaching skills from working with SACCOS or financial Institutions.
- Has experience in developing financial training programs and methodologies.
- Is dynamic, honest, curious, and self-motivated with a keen interest in entrepreneurship ecosystem strengthening approach, financial systems development, and digitization.
- At least basic knowledge of business investment facilitation and management.
- Is service-minded, takes initiative, can work independently but also loves teamwork. Has great interpersonal skills, strong work ethic, and an impeccable integrity track record.
If you meet all the requirements, please send your CV (max. 2 pages) and motivation letter (1 page) to [email protected] before the deadline of May 30th, 2022. At this stage, there is no need to send references or diplomas, etc. The selection process will include an oral interview and a written test.
you may also get information like trias tanzania jobs, nafasi za kazi kigoma 2022, trias organization, nafasi za kazi kagera 2022, afroil investment limited job vacancies, kilombero sugar company job vacancies 2022, brac tanzania jobs 2022, brac jobs, Nafasi za kazi Tanzania, Banking and Finance Jobs