UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
nurse duty of care job in tanzania, nurse duty of care job description, nurse duty of care job, duty of care job description, duty of care job opportunity, duty of care jobs, duty officer job description, duty officer jobs
Organizational Setting and Reporting Relationships: This is a regular temporary position located at headquarters (OHRM), the Regional Commissions and field medical facilities, including those UN Clinics administered by UNDP. Depending on their location, they report to UN Health Manager if applicable:
The UN Nurse performs the functions under the supervision of the UN Medical Physician/ or Health Manager. The overall position will involve technical duties and administration, this will be under the technical advice of the physician, UN medical director and UNDP for administrative matters.
Scope Of Work
- Responds to emergency calls and assists UN Health Manager;
- Ensures effective liaison between patient and private doctor, paramedics, family members, and colleagues as appropriate, documents case findings;
- Assist to the UN Health Manager on the management, organization and coordination of the fever and other Covid-19 symptoms in isolation room at the duty station;
- Support the UN Health Manager in the management of the isolation room of medium and in severe cases prepare the patient to transfer to a COVID-19 facility;
- Performs point of care screening tests and alert UN Health Manager to activate response team for sample collection.;
- Performs clinical assessment of patients at the duty station; provides care/advice accordingly or facilitates referral to the UN Clinic or to an outside physician, as indicated;
- Ensures preparedness of staff at duty station, instructing on Covid-19 mitigation measures and other ailments;
- Assists in providing health education and health promotion programs; participates in work environment assessment with special emphasis to the preventative measures of the Covid-19 outbreak.
Medical Administrative Duties.
- Assists UN Health Officer in all her/his activities as required;
- Ensures that medical instruments are properly sterilized;
- Ensures proper filing of medical and other records, must ensure use the electronic filing system namely Earthmed;
- Evaluates, orders, and maintains an efficient inventory and stock control of medications/vaccines and other medical supplies and equipment.
- Assumes all supervisory and medico-administrative duties of the Nurse.;
- Medical reporting in all UN systems platforms such as Earthmed.
Interaction and Client Orientation.
- Provide good client orientation to all UN staff across the organization, security officers, physicians and nurses outside the UN, hospitals etc.
Custodian of the UN Duty of Care facility
- Ensuring all administrative and requisitions are issued in time for procurement;
- Custodian of the Clinic’s electricity meter and in charge to report for replenishment, this includes fuel for generator.
The COVID-19 Nurse directly reports to the UN Health Manager and RC’s office (RC/ Head of RCO).
Achieve Results: Level 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline;
Think Innovatively: Level 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements;
Learn Continuously: Level 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback;
Adapt with Agility: Level 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible;
Act with Determination: Level 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident;
Engage and Partner: Level 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships;
Enable Diversity and Inclusion: Level 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination.
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
- Knowledge Facilitation : Ability to animate individuals and communities of contributors to participate and share, particularly externally;
- Knowledge Generation: Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need.
Business Direction & Strategy
- Effective Decision Making: Ability to take decisions in a timely and efficient manner in line with one’s authority, area of expertise and resources.
- Procurement of services for PPE and laboratory equipment for national COVID-19 responses Access to diagnostics and treatment including private sector engagement.
Planning and organizing
- Ability to provide advice and guidance on managing, planning, and coordinating medical activities.
- Ethics and Guidance: Ability to quickly analyses compels fact patterns and provide comprehensive, sensitive, and confidential ethics advice and guidance.
- Ability to create synergy between team members with diverse professional and cultural backgrounds, being able to leverage their broad knowledge and skillsets.
- Understands how regulations and professional standards in UN and Country medical work.
Required Skills and Experience
- Registered Professional Nurse and first level Bachelor degree from an accredited Baccalaureate Nursing Program (University) or equivalent such as an accredited Diploma Program (3 years) is required.
- Minimum 6 years (Accredited Diploma) or 3 years (Bachelor’s degree) of continuous clinical experience in nursing preferably in a multicultural environment is required;
- National registration and license are a requirement;
- National Registration and License is essential. Certificates in ECG, CPR or Basic Life Support and ACLS or equivalent emergency medical care is an asset;
- Intensive Care and health administration;
- Supervisory experience in a UN field operation is an asset;
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant UN administrative policies and procedures is desirable;
- Experience in Trauma and Emergency care is desirable;
- HIV/AIDS Management training is desirable;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) is desirable;
- Recognized additional training in primary health care and midwifery is desirable.
- Fluency in oral and written English; knowledge of other official UN languages is an advantage.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
information about undp jobs tanzania, un jobs, undp jobs net, undp jobs in africa, undp jobs login, undp jobs for fresh graduates, undp jobs african states, undp portal