How do job seekers use social media?
Table of Contents
Agriculture Officer Jobs , To be responsible for the agricultural development activities of The Green Planet – Tanzania
“Livelihood Diversification through Sorghum and Green Gram Value Chain Development” (SGVC) project. This post works directly with farmers on a day to day basis on agricultural activities and motivates farmers to look at agriculture as a business. It requires a solid technical background and training experience and ability to interact with government officers, private sector players, and other NGO partners. This position requires a direct commercial sector experience.
Agriculture Officer Jobs KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In liaison with other project staff, develop an effective and coherent plan for the agricultural components of SGVC
- To ensure the effective and successful planning, budgeting, management and
implementation of agricultural development work in some regions (Dodoma, Singida, Morogoro, Tabora and Mwanza)
- To build the capacity of the local communities to manage their agricultural resources
- To develop mutually beneficial partnerships with relevant government departments,
NGOs and other institutions involved in agricultural development work in the project
- To participate in the baseline assessment and analysis during the project initiation
phase and all other studies and documentation activities.
- Jointly with the relevant staff to ensure timely and quality completion of all SGVC
agriculture activities including procurement and distribution of inputs.
- In collaboration with other SGVC team members, to identify suitable monitoring
indicators [both process and impact] for the agriculture components.
- In liaison with the regions extension services, to conduct trainings in crop
production and soil and water conservation for farmers.
- To establish an umbrella farmer network; one in each districtsTo provide information for The Green Planet quarterly reports and donor reports to the
- Project Coordinator in the agreed format and according to organisational deadlines.
- To participate actively in monthly and quarterly staff meetings.
- To participate in routine and annual stakeholder consultations and workshops in
- furtherance of the work of The Green Planet
- To complete staff appraisal with the Project Coordinator in line with The Green Planet
- Any other duties as directed by the line manager, PO
Agriculture Officer Jobs Education / Requirements
- Relevant diploma level qualification e.g. agriculture and agri-business value chains
Knowledge of the development & policy environment in Tanzania
- Understanding of farmer group dynamics and aggregation and marketing strategies
- Farmer participatory approaches
- Project planning & implementation
- Data collection, entry & analysis
- Field level training
- Communication (both verbal & written)
Remuneration will be in line with the set procedures of the organizations which consider the experience and qualifications of the candidate (USD 35,000-40,000/annum)
Applications will be accepted up to 15th June 2022. Interested applicants should submit: A cover letter, describing how you meet the qualifications and why you are interested in this position.
A current resume.
Three (3) or more professional references, to be included in your profile. Please include at least one supervisor, peer, and (if you have supervised staff) someone you have supervised or led.
All applications to be sent to [email protected]
View More Jobs Here