Bussiness Development Manager Jobs at Chemonics June 2022
Bussiness Development Manager Jobs, Chemonics seeks an organizational/business development manager for the anticipated five-year, $37-39.5 million USAID-funded Tanzania Kilimo Tija activity. The project, anticipated to begin in late-2022, is expected to sustainably increase the competitiveness and inclusiveness of horticulture market systems. Incorporating a holistic approach to poverty reduction, Kilimo Tija is also expected to engage women and youth in new market roles, increase access to commercially provided, climate smart, and productivity-enhancing agricultural technologies, and strengthen the enabling environment for market systems.
The organizational/business development manager will provide leadership and overall technical direction of project activities designed to strengthen target horticulture market systems actor capacity to move into higher-value activities. This position will be based in Mbeya, Tanzania. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Oversee the design and coordination of organizational/business capacity assessments for target market system actors and recommend tailored capacity building and/or business enhancing interventions to strengthen actor capacity
- Oversee implementation of tailored technical assistance plans for target market systems actors, and collaborate with the project’s monitoring, evaluation, and learning staff to monitor progress, adjusting the interventions as required
- Work with multidisciplinary team of technical specialists to design and deliver tailored technical assistance for target market system actors in areas including but not limited to business strategies and plans, marketing plans, grades and standards, post-harvest handling, aggregation, value addition, advocacy, and gender and youth inclusion
- In coordination with project leadership, provide mentoring to target market systems actor individual leaders, associations, or networks as required
- Work closely with grants manager to assess the capacity of project grantees and integrate organizational/business capacity strengthening interventions into the project’s grants mechanism and individual grants
- Identify barriers to reduce inadequate access to Micro, Small, and Medium-sized Enterprises (MSMEs) financing, especially for youth- and women-led MSMEs
Qualifications for Chemonics jobs:
- University degree in rural development, marketing, business administration and management, organizational capacity building, or a related field
- Minimum of 8 years of proven experience in the management of multidisciplinary teams; in-depth knowledge of horticulture value chain opportunities and challenges in Tanzania
- Demonstrated experience supporting inclusive development and organizational capacity building strongly preferred
- Familiarity with market systems development including finance, input supply, output markets, extension, and access to knowledge, with a focus on strengthening business development services
- Private sector experience agribusiness development and management preferred
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills, with evidence of ability to productively interact with a wide range of stakeholders, including government, private sector, NGOs, academia, civil society, and research institutions
- Familiarity with USAID-funded projects preferred
- Prior work experience in Tanzania and/or East Africa required
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity with the ability to work in challenging environments and amongst multi-cultural teams
- Fluency in English required, fluency proficiency in Kiswahili preferred
Please submit your CV and cover letter using this link no later than July 1, 2022. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Questions may be submitted to [email protected] with Organizational/business development manager in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: here
Employer Offers attractive salary to workers as a motivation for work, also covers Insurance. For those with bachelor degree have more advantage in wining this postions.