Working closely with the SFS Manager, in collaboration with the SFS team ( field merchandiser & Retail Territory Managers, the Shop Category Manager prospects and oversees all projects in the shop category and services to optimize turnover, rent and margins and ensures the observance of the HSEQ, hygiene and food safety and SFS policy and standards
He /She is responsible for defining the strategy on short, medium and long term of his/her category
- In close coordination with the field team, ensure that HSEQ & HACCP norms and regulations are fully adhered to and implemented by all partners
- Development of business proposals and plans for introduction of new food concepts, services and innovations in line with defined strategy.
- To improve results by analyzing sales performance, margins & revenues (with the SFS data analyst)
- Follow-up on all turnovers from food & services and calculate /verify monthly turnover-based rent for accuracy
- To define the product range of food offers and menus,
- To define the price policy of the products/services according to the SFS strategy and margin targets
- To define commercial offers and ensure that they are set up in stations in partnership with field merchandisers.
- Defines and disseminates promotional communication to Dealers and RTEs in liaison with the SFS Manager.
- Implements the annual promotional calendar as agreed with 3rd parties and dealers and Analyses promotions effectiveness and impact on sales
- Follow up on all maintenance related issues and in liaison with the technical team negotiate maintenance contracts for the equipment
- To be in support of Technical Department for the layout and plans of Food & service concepts.
- Identify and propose to management added value Services and develop partnership for their implementation by I nitiating, validating and implementing new businesses into the network
- Third Party management: Manage the relationship with all third parties (GAC, Banks, Insurance companies, etc…)
- Find opportunities for partnerships i.e. food, space rental or franchise in order to give credibility to our food offer and to increase the skills of local teams
- Project Management: Oversees all QSR/food and service category projects with key stakeholders (food chains, dealers, TUL project teams) for revenue optimization and conformity with the technical, HSEQ and image standards.
- Responsible for actualizing the budget objectives in form of commission or fees from partners / dealers
- Responsible for enforcing the agreed operating terms as per the agreement between the partner and the company.
- Raise invoices in relation to third parties as per invoicing schedule & ensure that invoices raised are paid as per agreed terms
- Manage and expand the business scope of existing partners by proposing additional sites
- Ensure the proper implementation of agreement with partners, regularly measuring gaps and rolling out corrective actions.
- Keep track of all assets in relation to this category
- Analysis of category performance and implements the required remedial measures to improve performance
- Source for a single supplier for Snack, and all food items and negotiate suppliers rebate
- Analyses dealers’ performance per channel: Tyre centers & Car wash and implements the required remedial measures to improve performance.
- Compilation of requisite category reports within agreed timelines
- Successful launch & implementation of the SFS projects in this category i.e GAC partnership , Total wash etc
- An expert on the market and knowledgeable about operations and competition activities
- Responsible for analyzing the competition and the stations’ trading areas so as to be able to locally optimize the SFS offerings (pricing policies, etc.)
Context and environment
The SFS revenue is becoming a major source for improving the Network’s results.
Highly competitive environment –Increasing activity by the other Marketers and other parallel markets.
The strategic partnership business is an important source of income as well as a way to create customer satisfaction and loyalty
Expert in the food environment, he develops his knowledge of how the market works and the competition.
The job is situated at the Head Office with regular visits to customer location for the purpose of initiating new business proposal or enhancing relationships with existing ones
- Bachelor degree (minimum)
- At least 2 years relevant experience in a FMCG environment or Hospitality Industry with knowledge of the Network
- Good Overall Marketing + Sales Knowledge
- Working knowledge of computer applications like; Excel Spreadsheets, MS Word, Power point
- Basic Knowledge of Accounting.
- Autonomy, Organization (Ability to prioritise work), training skills.
- Analytical skills and ability to see the overall picture. Concern for economic performance.
- Innovative, Creative and eye for detail
- Good interpersonal and strong negotiation skills
About Us / Company Profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental
standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by
100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.