Driver Jobs at St. Constantine International Schools, We are a high-achieving, happy, British education based school, with a Tanzanian heart. This is where future leaders are created.
This post Related to : ngo driver jobs in tanzania, ngo driver jobs near mwanza, driver jobs in tanzania 2022, vip driver jobs, driver jobs in dar es salaam, tanesco driver jobs, mabumbe driver jobs, nafasi za udereva 2022, nafasi za udereva tanesco 2022, nafasi za kazi za udereva, nafasi za udereva jeshini, nafasi za udereva bot
Our happy school is built on the notion that pupils develop a strong self-concept, because they are challenged appropriately every day through the highest quality teaching and learning.
This means pupils learn to stand on their own two feet, to be resilient, so they persist in the face of difficulty. In so doing, they become independent learners who are prepared for twenty-first century life and leadership in a global world.
ST CONSTANTINE’S INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
JOB VACANCY: SCHOOL DRIVER CUM MECHANIC
Closing Date: Tuesday 21st June 2022
WORKING AT SCIS
St. Constantine International School (SCIS) was founded in 1951 and is the oldest international school in Tanzania, as well as the largest international school in northern Tanzania.
NATURE OF THE JOB.
The school driver will be required to perform driving duties with additional responsibilities of conducting vehicle diagnosis, minor repairs on all school vehicles as per arising needs. Further the school driver will also be expected to render support to the purchasing department and other required business official duties.
Driver Cum Mechanic
- To check on fuel consumption each day, check the log books of your vehicle.
- To advise on safety and repairs of your vehicle, informing the supervisor of any problems.
- To assist with the cleaning of vehicles, ensuring that all school-owned vehicles are kept in a clean and tidy manner.
- To advise on any damage to vehicles and ensure that any such damage is reported on time.
- To conduct vehicle servicing and regular checks on the condition of the school vehicles.
- Conduct repairs of vehicles that break down in the due course of operations in the school.
- To assist in the purchasing of goods, as per the requirements of administration. This involves sourcing, when required, and obtaining the best price if this has not already been secured by the administrative staff over the telephone.
- To attend to administration needs such as delivering documents to the bank and other relevant offices, as and when required.
- To collect orders from businesses in the neighbourhood and to ensure that the goods are given to the correct department within school.
- Ensure the safe and orderly transportation of staff and students on assigned routes.
- To operate a school bus/school vehicle that transports students and other personnel to and from school or other designated locations.
- Observe all traffic laws and safety regulations for school buses/school vehicles.
- Maintain safety precautions when students are boarding and departing the bus while on field trips
- Follow the assigned route and adhere to set schedules.
- Complete trip forms/operations request and make sure it is signed by the supervisor and management.
- Keep assigned bus/other school vehicles clean and fueled.
- Report all accidents, vehicle damage.
- Complete and submit all required reports and documentation.
- To ensure that they are sober all time while on duty. (Alcohol free during work and before reporting for work).
- To ensure that all necessary documents of cars are updated i.e. car insurance Road safety stickers, and any other convenient documents.
- To ensure that you maintain emotional control.
- Be available at all times in case of emergencies
- To do other duties assigned by the Head of School
- Competitive terms of employment and outstanding working conditions.
- A competitive salary package.
- Opportunity to work with a team of highly supportive and creative colleagues from all over the world
- Certificate of competence from National Institute of Transport or VETA is required.
- Motor vehicle Mechanics qualification from any recognized vocational college is preferred.
- Driving Licence with Class C plain is required.
- Must be able to understand and communicate in both English and Swahili.
- Minimum of 3 years’ working in a school environment is very much preferred.
- Good knowledge and whereabouts of Arusha Town and its outskirts.
- Police Clearance Certificate will be required.
Interested candidates are asked to visit our website https://scis.sc.tz/ and get a feel for the school before applying. Applicants are required to submit a CV, Cover Letter & Academic Certificates and Transcripts. On your CV, please include the names and contact email addresses of three referees. No referees will be contacted without prior permission.
Please send CVs, letters of application and certificates for the attention of Human Resources Manager at [email protected]
Due to the expected high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
St. Constantine’s International School is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects the same from its employees. All new staff will be subject to detailed and enhanced pre-employment clearance, including identity checks, criminal background checks for all countries lived in, qualification checks, employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment, and satisfactory reference checks for all employment in the last 5 years.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement:
St. Constantine’s International School is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind in line with Tanzanian Law. This policy applies to all employment practices within our school.
St. Constantine’s International School makes recruitment decisions based solely on merit, i.e. Whether or not candidates have the skills, experiences, attributes and traits required for the exceptional performance of the advertised role.
Closing Date: Tuesday 21st June 2022
Short-listed candidates will be contacted after the closing date. In exceptional cases, we may contact candidates before the deadline. Interviews will take place soon after the closing date. St. Constantine’s International School reserves the right to end the recruitment process early should we find the right candidate before the closing date.