How do job seekers use social media?
Table of Contents
ICT Officer II database Administrator job at Heslb
ICT Officer II database Administrator job at Heslb, The Higher Education Students’ Loans Board (HESLB) is a body corporate established under Act No.9 of 2004 (as amended in 2007, 2014 and 2016) with the objective of assisting needy and eligible Tanzania students to access loans and grants for higher education. The main mandates of HESLB include: to assist on a loan basis, needy students who secure admission in accredited higher learning institutions, but who have no economic power to pay for the costs of their education, to collect due loans from loan beneficiaries and use it as revolving fund to sustain operations of the Board and to create synergies through establishing strategic partnerships in student financing ecosystem.
ICT OFFICER II (DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR)-2POSTS
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To implement and test database;
- To develop back and front-end database connectivity;
- To implement security policy and access control;
- To maintain physical organization of database objects;
- To provide database client and user services;
- To manage systems and act in the capacity of the database administrator roles;
- To manage and perform database administration roles using Oracle, MySQL and Postgre SQL database Management systems;
- To manage database backup and recovery; security authentication, performance monitoring, database scaling, tuning and troubleshooting; and
- To run different types of automated backups, user management, logs auditing, and optimal configuration;
2.0.2 QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Holder of Bachelor Degree in one of the following fields: Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Informatics, Database or equivalent qualification from a recognized Higher Learning Institution. Knowledge in Oracle Database, SQL Server and MySQL Enterprise, Java ORM will be an added advantage.
HESLB SS 4
Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable);
- Birth certificate;
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted:-
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts;
- An applicant must upload recent Passport Size Photo in the Recruitment Portal;
- An applicant employed in the Public Service should route his application letter through his respective employer;
- An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
- An applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institutions should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
- An applicant with special needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to indicate;
- A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat,
P.O. Box 2320, Utumishi Building at University of Dodoma – Dr. Asha Rose Migiro Buildings – Dodoma.
- Deadline for application is 18th Juni, 2022;
Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview and;
Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;
NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/and not otherwise (This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)
PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT
Also check: ict officer ii database Administrator job description, ict officer ii database Administrator job tanzania, ict officer ii database Administrator job