Individual Consultant: WASH Data Analyst, Mbeya at UNICEF June, 2022
Individual Consultant: WASH Data Analyst, Mbeya at UNICEF June, 2022
Job no: 551910
Contract type: Consultancy
Location: United Republic of Tanzania
Categories: Knowledge Management, Research, Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
Get information related to unicef job, unicef job opportunities, unicef job circular 2022, unicef jobs tanzania 2022, unicef jobs mbeya, un jobs tanzania, international jobs in tanzania 2022, vacancy in tanzania
And we never give up.
For every child, an advocate
UNICEF is, through CSO partners and respective regional administrations, supporting the Government of Tanzania with the National Sanitation Campaign through a gender inclusive and equity focused programme for “Accelerating Water and Sanitation for all (ASWA)” in Tanzania. The programme is being implemented in select districts in Iringa, Mbeya, Njombe and Songwe regions. The project which is jointly funded through the DGIS and UNICEF direct funding, seeks to increase access to improved water supply, sanitation, and hygiene services for all with large focus on the last mile populations.
Access to relevant valid data and WASH information is one of key accelerators in the WASH improvement framework. UNICEF relies on data generated from the respective regions and districts to be able to make realistically informed judgements in terms of progress against baseline. Baseline information is usually drawn from the National Sanitation Management Information System (NSMIS) that is also used for accessing data for planning WASH improvement programmes. Sub-national data collection for effective monitoring and evaluation remains a nagging challenge. Data collected has either not been aligned with WASH programme indicators making such data inadequate or is incredible as is inconsistent. Partners and LGAs do not use harmonized templates for capturing WASH data with different partners using different tools or templates for collecting WASH data. There is also anecdotal evidence of the limited skills in reliably capturing and analysis data among sub-national WASH teams. This may also result in inconsistencies with data emanating from sub-national levels. There is therefore a need for training of sub-national level partners and LGAs on capturing and sharing of credible WASH data using a standard, user-friendly, credible, and harmonized database, without replacing the Government of Tanzania information management system.
To further support the Government of Tanzania, the UNICEF Tanzania WASH team is seeking to remediate data gaps in those target regions by hiring an experienced, result oriented individual consultant with sound data and information management skills to work with the regional and District LGAs in developing a clean, quality, relevant and credible WASH database of UNICEF supported WASH programme in thirteen districts in Iringa, Mbeya, Njombe and Songwe regions of Tanzania and to train partners and LGA WASH teams on use of such database. The exigency of this very important gap can therefore not be overemphasized.
Advert may relate to data analyst job description, data analyst job, data analyst job salary, data analyst job responsibilities, data analyst job near me
How can you make a difference?
The main objectives of this assignment are as follows:
- Conduct a comprehensive review of the existing tool(s) used for collecting and reporting UNICEF supported WASH database and identify gaps in collection and analysis to maintain data credibility.
- Develop a single, standard, seamless, and user-friendly Microsoft office 365 Excel database to be used by partners and LGAs as platform for capturing, collating, analysis, and reporting UNICEF supported WASH programme results.
- Ensure access to standard, harmonised, credible, and valid data for UNICEF supported WASH programmes that are consistent with programme indicators to inform WASH programme planning, implementation, and progress.
- Get partners and LGAs up to speed, through training, on WASH data management using the Microsoft Office 365 Excel platform and for reporting quality and credible data without replacing the GOT data collection platform.
Key Expected Results
The consultant is expected to produce monthly consolidated progress reports of activities carried out. The consolidated monthly activity report will be approved before monthly payment of consultancy fees | Individual Consultant WASH Data Analyst Mbeya at UNICEF. The consultant is therefore expected to deliver the following:
- A comprehensive well prepared and populated Microsoft office 365 Excel tool to be used for capturing and analysing UNICEF supported WASH information without replacing existing an GOT systems.
- A comprehensive report that includes highlights of process /methodology, key findings and recommendations of gaps to be addressed for ensuring sustainability of quality and credible data management.
- Regional and district WASH coordinators and partners trained on capturing and analysing data using the Microsoft office 365 Excel database as a primary tool, and on presentation of analysed data.
- A standard, harmonized, credible validated and verified Microsoft 365 Excel WASH database on UNICEF supported WASH programme in four target regions develop, produced and available for use.
- A summary data with infographics of captured, cleaned, and analysed data based on captured and analysed data prepared and submitted.
- A PowerPoint presentation of summary data and highlights of challenges, recommendations to the regional/district WASH teams in physical or virtual meeting that will be determined by UNICEF.
- Meetings with key stakeholders in target regions/districts.
- Review of existing WASH data from target programme implementation regions
- Training of regional and district WASH partners and LGAs personnel on WASH data management
- Use of latest Microsoft office 365 excel software for collation and analysis of collected WASH data
- Quantitative analysis and infographic presentation of comprehensive data.
The consultant will be based in the UNICEF field office in Mbeya covering the Iringa DC, Kilolo DC, Mufindi DC, Mafinga TC and Iringa MC in Iringa region; Mbeya DC, Chunya DC and Mbarali DC in Mbeya Region; Njombe DC, and Makete DC in Njombe Region and in Mbozi DC, Ileje DC, Momba DC, Tunduma TC and Songwe DC in Songwe. All costs, including travel, accommodation, administrative costs, etc. shall be covered by the contractor and should be included in the financial proposal as a separate heading and broken down into details of accommodation and travel costs | Individual Consultant WASH Data Analyst Mbeya at UNICEF.
|Action planning and design of draft database template and production of draft template.||Meeting with respective regional/District WASH teams in target regions.
Produce a draft template for proposed WASH database
|A draft template produced and shared with UNICEF|
|Produce a populated Microsoft office 365 Excel tool to be used for capturing and analyzing UNICEF supported WASH information without replacing existing an GOT system||Populated draft of WASH database produced and shared|
|Development of a credible well populated WASH Excel database and capacity building of regional and district teams on its use.||Train regional and district WASH teams (including WASH coordinators) and partners.
Produce a detailed, well populated, credible, screened, validated and verified and analysed and updatable excel database with relevant Microsoft office 365 Excel WASH data.
|Training of regional and district teams on use of WASH database completed and report shared.
|Prepare and submit a summary data with infographics of captured, cleaned, and analysed data based on captured and credible analysed data.||Summary infographics of WASH database developed and shared with UNICEF.|
|Produce a comprehensive report that includes highlights of process /methodology, key findings, and recommendations of gaps to be addressed for ensuring quality data management||A detailed and comprehensive report of assignment process, key findings, recommendations and gaps as reviewed and accepted by UNICEF.|
|PowerPoint presentation of summary data and highlights of findings in relation to challenges, recommendations in a PowerPoint presentation||PowerPoint presentation done and discussion points noted.|
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Hold a degree in statistics, public health or other relevant social science subjects with at least three years of experience in the similar assignments
- Demonstrated experience in data collection, data analysis and dissemination.
- Ability to analyze, model and interpret quantitative data using relevant software.
- Ability to plan work and meet deadlines, and to work with the team of public/environmental health experts.
- Excellent professional English writing skills
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
• Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness
• Works Collaboratively with others
• Builds and Maintains Partnerships
• Innovates and Embraces Change
• Thinks and Acts Strategically
• Drives to achieve impactful results
• Manages ambiguity and complexity
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Consultant will be required to sign the Health statement for consultants /Individual contractor prior to taking up the assignment, and to document that they have appropriate health insurance, including Medical Evacuation. Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage).
Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
The applicant should submit both technical and financial proposal which clearly stipulate how the work will be conducted. The Financial Proposal should include all costs of this assignment including fee, travel costs, accommodation as UNICEF will not pay any DSA.
Proposals will be both technically and financially evaluated. The technical part will carry a weight of 70%, in which the consultant will put clear his/her technical approach to ensure quality attainment of each deliverable and the consultancy in totality. The financial part will carry 30% showing the proposed budget breakdown of consultancy cost for each deliverable and eventual total consultancy cost.
8. Nature of Penalty Clause in Contract
If the reports and documents are not submitted according to the deliverables and timeframe stated in this TOR, payments may be withheld.
UNICEF reserves the right to withhold all or a portion of payment if performance is unsatisfactory, if work/outputs is incomplete, not delivered or for failure to meet deadlines as per agreed work schedule.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
The deadline for submitting the application is 20 June 2022.
Also check:- consultant job salary, individual consultant jobs tanzania, types of consultant jobs, management consultant job, business consultant jobs, Individual Consultant WASH Data Analyst Mbeya at UNICEF