Mechanical Engineer Job opportunities at Barrick Gold Corporation June 2022, The role is responsible for monitoring, maintaining, repair and installation of all fixed plant mechanical equipment to ensure operations are safe, maximizing plant availability through sustainable and cost-effective ways and minimizing operational risks.
The Bulyanhulu Team is seeking to recruit a Mechanical Specialist to join and grow their team.
You will be expected to align to the Barrick DNA and to operate within our mining assets with our best people teams. You will contribute in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance with Mine Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures and ensure daily targets are met.
Get information related to barrick mining jobs near mwanza, barrick gold tanzania jobs 2022, mining jobs in tanzania barrick bulyanhulu, tulawaka gold mine job opportunities,mining engineering jobs barrick, entry level engineering jobs barrick, field application engineer salary barrick, highest paying engineering jobs in Tanzania
About Bulyanhulu Team | JOB DESCRIPTION
Bulyanhulu is situated in north-west Tanzania, in the Kahama district of the Shinyanga region, approximately 55 kilometres south of Lake Victoria and 150 kilometres southwest of the city of Mwanza.Bulyanhulu is a narrow-vein gold mine containing gold, silver and copper mineralisation in sulphides. The mineralisation of Bulyanhulu is associated with a number of steeply-dipping veins. Bulyanhulu commenced commercial production in 2001 | This advert may relate to mechanical engineer jobs near mwanza, mechanical engineering jobs in tanzania, mechanical engineering jobs in tanzania 2022, mechanical engineer jobs latest, engineering jobs in mwanza.
- Responsible for all Shaft Mechanical fixed assets and infrastructure , including but not limited to:
- Mine Winders, cage, skips, winding ropes and attachments.
- Main Centrifugal and Screw Compressors and pipe columns.
- Main Surface ventilation fans.
- East & West Refrigeration plants, including BACs.
- Shaft headgear, surface silos, load out stations, shaft stations and vertical shaft infrastructure.
- Surface mine water ponds.
- All UG main pump stations, settlers and mud presses.
- All UG tips, structures, rock breakers & finger raise chutes.
- Diesel generators.
- Surface & UG mechanical workshops.
- Conveyor belts.
- Fire hydrants and sprinklers.
- Lime and flocculent dozing plants.
- Shaft buildings & structures.
- Ensure all Winder & shaft related equipment comply with MHSA.
- Plan, coordinate & execute mechanical related projects and shutdowns.
- Manage PM compliance and prioritize duties towards the maintenance of equipment and services, budget setting and control, contactor management, and quality management.
- Assist the Operation management team in developing an operational plan for the year to support the mine in achieving throughput objectives
- Well experience in planning, control and ensuring availability of spares required, according to the planned maintenance schedule.
- Liaise with the Operation management team regarding daily, weekly and monthly progress to plan, budget, and employee resources.
- Oversee that all work practices are executed in compliance with legal requirements.
- Oversee the quality of workmanship and conduct regular inspections around the section and the Operation.
- Plan daily, weekly and monthly work requirement and priorities with the operational team.
- Oversee the development of a healthy spirit of co-operation within the section.
- Identify operational priorities within the section that would ensure the optimization of the section’s performance
- Allocate multi-task team members to Artisans when required to perform and ensure effective maintenance.
- Oversee that the required material, equipment, spares and staff are available to achieve the output.
- Ensure all winders, fans, compressors, diesel generators, rock breakers, load outs, pump stations & fridge plants equipment is correctly loaded on to SAP.
- Compile accurate reports on winders, fans, compressors, rock breakers, load outs, pump stations, fridge plants & BAC’s utilization & availability.
- Preparation of periodical reports as requested by management.
- Liaise with other departments and other Engineering & Maintenance sections, and interact with view to improving the Maintenance Management system and productivity.
- Conform to Mining regulations in regards to statutory inspections and equipment safety certifications.
- Be vigilant of company assets, monitor, report and action through the appropriate procedures, activities resulting in the loss, misuse or misappropriation of company assets.
- Oversee that documents are properly filled in, and the online filing
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering or National Diploma In Mechanical Engineering
- Engineering Certificate (N6) in the field of Mechanical Engineering
Experience and competencies needed
- 8 years’ experience in Similar or relevant role
- Extensive knowledge of Winders, mine ventilation fans, pump stations, settlers, mud-presses, diesel generators, hydraulic systems, centrifugal & screw compressors, conveyor belts, rock breakers, load out chutes, liners, and auxiliary equipment;
- At least 5 years’ experience with Winders, ropes, shaft load outs, headgear and vertical Shaft maintenance;
- Ammonia Refrigeration plants knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge and experience of SAP maintenance software will be an added advantage.
- English knowledge both written and verbal
- Experience on similar job
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs is well regarded
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and a commitment to close teamwork
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization
How to apply:
- Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s online
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “MECHANICAL SPECIALIST” in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: email@example.com
Please forward applications before: 20th June 2022
We are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.