Operation Assistant Jobs at UNICEF July 2022
Get information related to: operation assistant jobs, operation assistant jobs near me, operation assistant jobs london, operation assistant jobs in tanzania, air operation assistant jobs, unicef jobs tanzania 2022, unicef tanzania job, unicef volunteer jobs in tanzania, current jobs at unicef tanzania
Job no: 553368
Contract type: Temporary Appointment
Duty Station: Kibondo
Location: United Republic of Tanzania
Categories: Operations, Administration
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Sustenance.
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does — in programs, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to children’s rights into action. For UNICEF, equity means that all children have an opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination, bias or favoritism. To the degree that any child has an unequal chance in life — in its social, political, economic, civic and cultural dimensions — her or his rights are violated. There is growing evidence that investing in the health, education and protection of a society’s most disadvantaged citizens — addressing inequity — not only will give all children the opportunity to fulfill their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. This is why the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also supporting the equitable development of nations.
How can you make a difference?
Under the general supervision of the Chief of Field Office, Based in Kibondo Field Office, Operation, and administrative tasks for the respective section(s) requiring thorough knowledge of UNICEF operation administrative procedures, processes and policies.
In this capacity, the need to project the image of a credible and reliable service provider is imperative to quality of process delivery, and the impact of work directly reflects on the overall reputation of the team in terms of responsiveness to client needs and quality of process execution. At the GS-5 level, the below tasks are expected to be carried out with a high level of independence.
SUMMARY OF KEY FUNCTIONS.
- Appropriate and consistent interpretation and effective implementation of administrative policy and instructions to support field office and operations.
- Technical assistance and support in promoting and coordinating cost effective and best practices in travel management, property management.
- Effective and cost-efficient events and conferences management
- Property management, office equipment, vehicles.
- General Administrative and Finance Duties.
- Support in HACT assurance activities.
SUMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTAILITIES:
- Analyses and maintains an overview of the work of the field office to ensure timely operational support is provided in general and specialized areas.
- Supports management of office premises, establishes routine vehicle maintenance, and supervises office drivers.
- Provides practical input on implementation of administrative guidelines, in close coordination with Operations Manager.
- Updates staff on administrative policies, instructions, rules, and regulations. Briefs and assists arriving and departing staff on basic administrative procedures and requirements.
- Contributes to recommendations on the improvement of internal controls systems considering the prevailing conditions in the locality.
- Keeps supervisor abreast of potential problem areas, makes recommendations for follow-up actions, prepares reports and evaluations on general administrative or specialized tasks
- Provides travel assistance to staff members for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organization’s rules and policies. Assists in the preparation of budgets on travel costs and maintains travel budgetary control records. Processes travel claims. Briefs/de-briefs staff members on issues relating to administrative matters such as security clearance and documentation procedures.
- Supports procurement/management of administrative supplies, office equipment and vehicles. Maintains inventory of office items. Establishes an office supplies monitoring system. Ensures that services and maintenance of premises and equipment are in accordance with organizational standards.
- Facilitate in follow up and implementation of HACT assurance activities/recommendations,
- Maintains inventory of office items. Establishes an office supplies monitoring system. Ensures that services and maintenance of premises and equipment are in accordance with organizational standards.
- Maintains admin related hard and electronic files, updates data bases ensuring timely and appropriate recording, safekeeping and disposal of information.
Provide general logistical support to visitors and individual contractors for services and physical space planning.
- Drafts estimates on field office premises, supplies and equipment requirements for budget preparation purposes. Raises Vision documents and monitors the field office budget in close collaboration with Dar es Salaam Office.
- Maintains field office Petty Cash account (records petty cash expenditures and replenishment), maintains office asset register, ensures timely requests for office supplies, collects pro-forma invoices from office vendors & other service providers, liaises with Dar es Salaam to facilitate timely payments, supports financial forecast for the field office.
- Arranges for and/or attends meetings on day-to-day administrative matters, participates in discussions of new or revised procedures and practices, interprets and assesses impact of changes, and makes recommendations for follow-up action.
- Prepares on own initiative, correspondence, special reports, evaluations and justifications, as required, on general administrative tasks.
- Participates in one UN Common services meetings and serves as focal point in the field office for HACT quality assurance activities.
- Coordinates logistical arrangements including travel, accommodation and organization of events for the field office. Monitors staff compliance of office travel guidance and procedures.
- Serve as a focal point for effective Supply, HR Planning and Training management while upholding UNICEF core values at all times.
- Provides exemplary management and leadership, motivating and developing supervisees to perform at their best and live the core values (care, respect, integrity, trust and accountability
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will need to have the following…
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses in a field related to Finance, Business Administration, and Economics, Administration or other related fields.
- Five years of progressively responsible clerical or administrative work Experience of working in UN agencies is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili, knowledge of any other UN work language is an advantage
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability (CRITA) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: https://uni.cf/UNICEFValues
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
Nurtures Leads and Manages People (1), Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (2), Works Collaboratively with others (2), Builds and Maintains Partnerships (2), Innovates and Embraces Change (2), Thinks and Acts Strategically (2), Drive to achieve impactful results (2), Manages ambiguity and complexity (2).
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children. For this position, eligible and suitable candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for International Professional (IP) positions. Appointments may also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
The deadline for submitting the application is 10 August 2022.
Dear reader, do not be confused when you come across very different headlines about Jobs Vacancies at UNICEF The reader may find it confusing and think it is a different ad, The reason for having a different title for this ad is due to the presence of many bloggers in Tanzania and every blogger writes a title in his own words. You can find a title like this on popular blogs like Mabumbe jobs, Ajirayako jobs, Jobwikis jobs and Ajiraleo jobs
Serengeti Breweries Ltd SBL Offers attractive salary to workers as a motivation for work, also covers Insurance. For those with bachelor degree have more advantage in wining this positions.