How do job seekers use social media?
Table of Contents
Data Officer job at SHDEPHA+ Kahama at October, 2022
Data Officer job: SHDEPHA+ is an acronym for Service, Health, and Development for People living with HIV/AIDS. As a national non-governmental organization, SHDEPHA+ was founded on 21 November 1994 (registration number SO 8216). The initiative for SHDEPHA+ came from fifteen people living with HIV/AIDS who wanted to establish a network and mobilize resources to help people living with HIV/AIDS and combat the disease’s spread. Although SHDEPHA+ started with the intention of supporting people living with HIV/AIDS, we have since expanded beyond HIV/AIDS and related issues to other development interventions. Now, SHDEPHA+ covers both infected and affected individuals by HIV/AIDS with over 65 branches countrywide. Each branch of SHDEPHA+ operates independently, developing, managing and implementing its own projects; while still adhering to one constitution and registration.
SHDEPHA+ is implementing a five-year global project in partnership with FHI360. The project, called Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC), is funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Its purpose is to achieve and maintain HIV epidemic control. The project provides strategic technical assistance (TA) and direct service delivery (DSD) to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, and treatment programming. EpiC will be implementing an HIV service delivery project among key and priority populations, adolescent girls, and young women (AGYW) which aims to reduce HIV infections in pursuit of reaching 95-95-95 goals. To achieve this goal, the program will support targeted prevention and case finding strategies at community level among the targeted populations.
To facilitate smooth implementation of this project, SHDEPHA+ wishes to recruit qualified, experienced, motivated and dynamic individuals in the following positions available;
Job Title: Data Officer – (1 Position)
Job location: Msalala Dc
Reporting to: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer/ Project Manager
Duration: 1year/ renewable
Salary: Attractive package
- Support the Monitoring and Evaluation officer (M&E) to conduct entry of project data for HIV Testing services,
- Family planning, Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP), Tuber Tuberculosis (TB) and Sexual Transmission Diseases (STD) into designated database.
- Perform routine data review and collection data for all project indicators from catchment health facilities.
- Support the assessment of quality of primary source data through checking the completeness, precision, validity and timeliness of data reports.
- Work closely with peer educators (PEs), peer navigators (PNs) and community health workers (CHWs) at community level to support collection and reporting of data.
- Assist the M&E officer in keeping records of all the data reports collected from field activities.
- Support M&E officer to conduct periodic verification and routine data quality (RDQA) assessment at facilities and council level to ensure data quality always
- Offer on-job training i.e. (data management, M&E tool recording and uses) to staff and community workers i.e. PE, PN and CHWs.
- Ensure all data (primary and secondary) are securely collected, organized and kept in accordance/ compliance with national data management and confidentiality guidelines.
- Ensuring data quality through review of completed reporting tools submitted to custody offices by field officers and other project affiliates.
- Ensure that files and other documents are stored safely and well arranged in an organized manner.
- Performs other related tasks as required by the organization.Required qualifications:
- At least a Diploma in Information Technology, sociology, community development or equivalent. Additional training in Monitoring and Evaluation, community mobilization, counselling is of added advantages.Required skills and Experience:
- At least 1 year demonstrated experience working in monitoring and evaluation activities related to health/ HIV prevention, Care and Treatment Programming.
- Knowledge of health and development programs in Tanzania including familiarity with the national KVP, youth and gender guidelines, standards and protocols.
- Experience in programs serving KVP and addressing gender norms. Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of KVP and other vulnerable groups.
- Experience in working with LGA, NGOs, CBOs and health facilities to implement public health projects, especially those working with vulnerable populations.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.Other Qualifications:
- Ability to build relationship with Key Vulnerable Populations (KVP) groups at community levels.
- Able to work with Health Care Providers staff at different health facilities
- Computer literacy is highly required.
- Able to timely collect, compilation and data analysis as required by the EpiC project.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
What can you expect to earn as a Data Officer in Tanzania in 2022? Here’s a look at median salary, 25th and 75th percentile salaries, salary amounts based on experience, bonus ranges and more! A Data Officer in Tanzania, on average, earns around 1,210,000 TZS per month. However, salaries can range from 653,000 TZS to 1,830,000 TZS, depending on a number of factors like experience, location, skills, and gender. There is a lot of variability in Data Analyst salaries, so it’s important for employees to know how much they can earn.
METHOD OF APPLICATION;
All applications are to be lodged through email: [email protected]
All candidates are required to mention the ‘Position Title’ on the subject line of the e-mail.
All applicants MUST attach cover letter and their updated Curriculum Vitae with certified copies of academic certificates as supporting documents to their applications.
All applications should be submitted not later than 16:00 HRS on Monday, 10th October 2022
For more information, kindly visit our website: www.shdephakahama.org
data officer job description, data officer jobs in tanzania 2022, data officer salary, data officer salary in tanzania, data protection officer, ajira portal, data officer gdpr