How do job seekers use social media?
Table of Contents
Legal Manager Job at East-West Seed 2024
Legal Manager Job Get information related to legal manager job, legal manager jobs in tanzania, legal manager job description, legal manager jobs, legal manager jobs in Tanzania, legal manager jobs in banks, legal manager jobs in moshi, legal manager jobs in Kilimanjaro, legal manager jobs Hai, legal manager jobs ,legal jobs in ngo, international legal jobs in tanzania, legal manager job description, legal manager job description pdf, legal jobs in tanzania 2024
Also read about: east-west seed job, east west seed jobs, east west seed jobsdb, east-west seed tanzania jobs, east west seeds Tanzania jobs, east west seed salary, east west seeds dealers, east-west seeds product list
Founded in 1982 by Dutch seedsman Simon Groot, the 2019 World Food Prize Laureate, East-West Seed is one of the world’s leading vegetable seed companies in Asia and expanding rapidly in Africa and Latin America. The privately-owned company has played an important role in the development and improvement of tropical vegetable varieties that are adapted to tropical markets and growing conditions. Its mission is to provide innovative products and services that help to improve the livelihood of vegetable farmers.
In addition, East-West Seed trains vegetable farmers in order to help maximize their yield and income through better knowledge on vegetable production and farming skills. In 2019 it ranked number 1 on the Access to Seeds Index for Global Seed Companies and number 1 for South and Southeast Asia Index. In 2020, it ranked #28 in Fortune’s Change the World list of companies that are doing well by doing good.
East-West Seed has its headquarters in Nonthaburi, Thailand. The company employs about 5,000 people and has 17 R&D establishments in 7 countries. With exports to over 60 countries in tropical areas, East-West Seed serves nearly 20 million farmers around the world.
The Legal Manager shall serve as the primary provider of legal support for the EWS entities managed by him/her. In this capacity, he/she provides the legal support required by the General Managers and the local Senior Leadership/Management Teams of the markets supported by him/her through practical, accurate, and relevant advice on the whole spectrum of legal matters that apply to the EWS entity, including but not limited to regulatory and compliance, contracts with third parties, risk management
As part of the larger Group Legal function, the he/she reports directly to the Group Head – Legal and is the designated lead for an area of law relevant to EWS: (a) Intellectual Property, (b) Contracts, (c) Corporate Housekeeping, or (d) Integrity and Compliance.
- Serve as the primary legal business partner of the General Manager and the local leadership team of East-West Seed companies assigned to him, providing the necessary operational and strategic support, as well as give advice in connection with local laws and regulations.
- Render legal advice and opinions
- Research and anticipate unique legal issues that could impact EWS
- Serve as the lead/expert in his area of expertise within the Legal Team, providing support to other team members when needed
- Review contracts, agreements, letters, and other legal documents executed in the ordinary course of the corporation’s business, ensuring that these are in accordance with EWS’ business goals and comply with pertinent rules, regulations and laws in order to protect its interests and minimize its risk or exposure
- Provide advice on contract status, legal risks, and the legal liabilities associated with different transactions on matters related to or connected with the business of the corporation
- Protect the Company’s interest by defending it against claims from third parties or enforcing its rights with third parties. Identifies risks of taking or not taking legal action; provides advice on the advantages and disadvantages.
- Engage external counsel, if needed, and coordinate with external counsel for the handling and management of cases.
- Be primarily responsible for the corporate compliance and reportorial requirements with the relevant government authorities. Monitor legal compliance of EWS companies and assure continuing compliance with government requirements on business permits, corporate governance, agricultural regulations,and other similar matters.
- Provide Corporate Secretarial services, such as preparation of Certifications by the Corporate Secretary, Minutes of the Meeting, Board Resolutions
- Provide in-house notarial services
- Provide internal training on legal topics
- Work with and support other functions within and outside the group legal team, including external counsel, advisors, and non-legal support teams
- Must have a law degree from a recognized university and be licensed to practice law.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience, at least 3 of which are from working with a reputable law firm. Corporate, regulatory or transactional experience as in-house counsel is preferred but not required.
- Sound understanding and knowledge of commercial and corporate law.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues and the ability to translate commercial transactions into contracts.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships within the organization’s legal department and across all businesses
- Strong command of both written and spoken English.
- Ability to communicate complex legal issues and risks in terms that non-legal colleagues can understand.
- Ability to work in a highly autonomous role.