Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Business Enabling Environment Policy Director, Tanzania
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Business Enabling Environment Policy Director for an anticipated program in Tanzania funded by USAID. The Activity is anticipated to start in 2021.’
- Prepare reports, with recommendations and implications/impacts on the horticulture sector, and organize presentations including holding discussions, seminars, and workshops to arrive at actionable recommendations and timeline and process for negotiations with partner country governments and regional economic communities
- Liaise with the partner country governments, regional economic communities, and industry associations to identify windows of opportunity for targeted legislative and regulatory reform and expansion of public and private dialogue
- Build industry association capacity in research and analysis, outreach to new and existing members, and formulation of a cohesive policy agenda
- Liaise with associations to develop strong communications strategies that educate public and private audiences about the risks, benefits, impacts, and political and investment feasibility of key legal and regulatory issues in Tanzania’s agricultural industry
- Develop institutional capacity of associations in the areas of governance, membership services, development and fundraising, and management, focusing on sustainability and based on a collaborative strategic planning process
- Use a market led, facilitative approach to identify and remedy enabling environment barriers to agricultural trade
- Organize working discussions with other donors and beneficiaries to address policy issues at the national level, especially relevant to the horticulture sector
- Develop partnerships with local governments, private sector, farmer and industry organizations to improve the enabling environment and address policy bottlenecks to market systems development, including tax levies, grades and standards, and the high cost of transporting produce
- Master’s degree in public policy, business administration, agribusiness, or related field
- At least ten years of experience in a mix of value chain competitiveness, investment promotion, or agriculture development and policy advise
- Extensive experience in planning and implementing technical assistance for policy reform and institutional capacity building in a variety of agricultural sectors is required
- Understanding of enabling environment issues in Tanzania, including a history of positive working relationships with Tanzanian government and public institutions, and knowledge of Tanzanian counterparts is highly desirable
- In-depth knowledge of Tanzania’s agricultural sector, including national and international market and investment opportunities for staple products, is preferred
- USAID experience is preferred
- Fluency in English and Swahili is required
Tanzania nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY