How do job seekers use social media?
Table of Contents
Dubai National Air Travel Agency (Arabic: دناتا) (commonly known as dnata) is an Emirati airport services provider which provides aircraft ground handling, cargo, travel, and flight catering services across five continents.
Dnata was established in 1959 in Dubai, UAE, with just five employees. The name originates as an acronym for ‘Dubai National Air Travel Agency’. It has grown significantly with the first international expansion seen in 1993.
Global expansion was also witnessed in 2008 through the acquisition of a 23% share in worldwide corporate travel company, Hogg Robinson Group (HRG) and 49% acquisition of the global outsource provider, Mind Pearl.
1. Head of Finance (HOF)
As Head of Finance (HOF) you oversee the day-to-day finance functions covering finance, treasury, invoicing, internal control, taxes and insurance. You are responsible for the delivery of timely and accurate management accounting and reporting as well as delivering financial information at local and group level. As FM you report directly to the Managing Director (MD) with a dotted line to the VP Finance Airport and support the Executive and Corporate Management team as a Business Partner on all strategic and tactical matters related to finance, budget management, cost benefit analysis and calculations, forecasting and the development of new projects.
- You are accountable for the day-to-day finance functions covering finance, treasury, invoicing, internal control, taxes and insurance.
- As Head of Finance you are a business partner and build a strong and professional relationship with the executive, corporate and local leadership team to support in all finance-related matters.
- You actively assist in implementing the dnata strategy and in business development activities.
- You are responsible for the leadership, development and talent and succession planning of the finance team.
- You establish and maintain a financing strategy for dnata in Zanzibar to successfully master the current and future cash, investment and development requirements of the company including financing dnata’s green sustainability approach.
- You are responsible for all local and group reporting requirements and you act as the link to the regional and global finance peers within the dnata group.
- As Head of Finance you are responsible for the local revenue, cost as well as the cash flow budgeting and forecast process to pro-actively support the identification of financial risks and opportunities in order to develop strategies to master them.
- You act as the local guardian of the authorities and corporate governance frameworks as well as the internal control systems (IKS) and make sure that adequate controls are in place and maintained at all time.
- You are responsible for all tax topics including declarations (income tax, VAT, withholding tax, PAYE etc.) in cooperation with external partners.
- You are the contact person and interface for all corporate insurance topics.
- You cultivate a professional relationship to banking partners, suppliers, audit companies and governmental bodies.
- You implement and drive process change and automation.
- You participate in executive and corporate meetings and in addition you coordinate and lead internal and external audits.
- Additionally you are responsible for the back office administrative function by providing direction and guidance to the team and establishing procedures that enables the business to operate effectively.