- Evaluate UTTL projects as per Unilever guidelines
- Manage all Unilever Projects, including project Appraisal, analysis and costing of the project
- Uploading all CAPEX proposal in Marlin system for approval as plantation SOA
- Prepare monthly CAPEX report and PPE schedule by 5th of every month. Ensure monthly capex reports are being submitted on time, all issues are resolved on time as well.
- Monitor project costs on monthly basis to ensure they are captured and allocated correctly and in line with approved budget.
- Taking lead in Capex forecasting and external capex reporting.
- Maintain the projects -related records including proposals, business cases, contracts and change orders.
- Verify all the invoices, remittances and payment advice related to Project before payment.
- Update Fixed Asset Register on Monthly basis and ensure all assets are tagged. Make sure Asset tagging exercise is being conducted after every six months.
- Verifying all assets/scraps identified by unit managers for disposal as a supporting on disposal approval process.
- Ensure capitalization of Assets is being done on time and as per IAS 16 (When the asset is deemed to be ready for use by the Management), do a physical verification before capitalization.
- Conduct verification of fixed assets after every three years and resolve any variances.
- Post depreciation charges every month for total company and check that correct rates are being applied, a reconciliation between Asset register and Trial balance to be done by 15th of every month and submit a report to the financial and controls officer.
- Ensure disposed assets are removed from Asset register timely and additions updated as well on time.
- Maintain Fixed assets records, FA movement schedule and reconcile FA register to the ledger on monthly basis.
- Provide partnership to stakeholders i.e engineers and head of units through technical support and training.
- Responsible for WIP management i.e tracking projects implementation and building up of costs
- Input capex proposals into the system and ensure authorization is being done as per approved schedule of authority.
- Do a monthly reconciliation on system computed depreciation, ensure all assets with NBV are being depreciated and No Asset with Nil value is being depreciated.
- Ensure proper posting of project costs and assist in providing accurate codes for posting various projects.
- Helps the Company in driving effective asset management and ensure UTTL assets are being well maintained.
- Build capacity among all project teams and participate in regular project, meetings to track spend update partners.
- Ensuring that all project is approved before spending, report to the finance manager any anomalies.
- Provide information and explanations for internal and external auditors.
- Monthly commentaries as per allocated department and ensure the movement is well explained and do make sense.
- Do a proper reconciliation between capex payments made against PO’s issued monthly, ensure a report is checked by the financial and controls officer and the finance manager.
- Verify online payment as per guideline.
- Set targets for direct reports.
- Custodian of all Insurance matters
- Perform any other duty assigned by the Supervisor or Finance Manager.
- Experience in people management
- Better than average written and spoken communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building
- Employee coaching and development skills
- Bachelor of Commerce in Finance.
- 2 to 4 years’ experience in Accounting Professionals.
Should “meet expectations” on the Standards of Leadership behaviours or competencies relevant to the WL of this job
- Growth Mindset Accountability and Responsibility
- Building Talent and Teams
- Consumer and Customer Focus
- Bias for Action
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY