How do job seekers use social media?
Table of Contents
Tanzania Bureau of Standards (TBS) is Tanzania’s sole Standards body, formerly established by the Standards Act No. 3 of 1975, which was repealed and replaced by the Standards Act No. 2 of 2009. It is a Parastatal Organization under the Ministry of Industry and Trade. TBS introduced internship programs for graduates from diverse academic backgrounds to have exposure in development issues and a first-hand impression of the day-to-day working environment of the Bureau.
TBS is currently looking for Tanzanians who are dynamic, committed, suitably qualified, dedicated and eager to learn and develop new experiences through assigned tasks. Therefore, the applications are invited to fill the following fields-:
Bachelor of Accountancy, Finance, Business Administration majoring in Accountancy, Finance (6 posts for Accounts and Finance duties).
1. Applicants must be Tanzanians;
2. Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address, e-mail and telephone numbers;
• Applicants should indicate three reputable referees; one referee must be from the Academic Institution where he/she graduated;
1. The maximum period for individual program is one year, no intern shall be reappointed as Bureau’s intern after completion of one year period;
2. All interns conducted or currently conducting internship program at TBS are ineligible to apply.
3. Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
1. Degree and respective Transcripts;
2. Diploma/ Certificate;
3. Form IV and or VI National Examination Certificates; and
4. Birth certificate or National Identity Card;
• Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted; • Form IV and form VI Results slips; and • Testimonials and Partial transcripts.
• Certificates from foreign examination bodies should be verified by the relevant authorities (TCU, NACTE or NECTA);
1. Presentation of forged certificates and other information is prohibited
otherwise it will result into disqualification and legal action;
1. Applicants must attach a letter of endorsement from a Local Government
Chairperson or Executive Officer confirming your place of residence; xi. Applicants must attach a brief paper stating the reasons for the need of internship and the expectations after a year;
xii. Only qualified candidates will be informed on the interview date; xiii. Successful and accepted interns shall not be paid salaries or any remuneration attached to salaries instead they will be assisted with some amount of money to cover for transport and lunch expenses;
• Internship practice is not a guarantee for employment at TBS. In case there is employment opportunities at TBS or elsewhere, interns shall follow the laid down employment procedures as will be stipulated;
1. Please write the title of the post you are applying on the envelope; Application letters must be signed and hand written in English;
xvii. Any application that will not follow the above conditions will be termed as disqualified.
Deadline for application is 5th May, 2022 on closing business at 16:00 PM.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send their applications to the following address;-
TANZANIA BUREAU OF STANDARDS,
P.O. BOX 9524,
DAR ES SALAAM.