How do job seekers use social media?
Table of Contents
Warehouse Clerk job at Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) September, 2022
Warehouse clerk is a person who works in a warehouse, loading and unloading freight, packaging and labeling packages for shipment, keeping records of shipments, etc.
The job is not too demanding physically but it does require some physical effort. It also involves lifting heavy packages so the job can be difficult for people with back problems. The work environment is usually noisy because of the machinery used in warehouses.
A warehouse clerk may need to work long hours depending on the workload of the company they work for. They may also have to work weekends or evenings when there are increased shipping demands.
The warehouse clerk job is a versatile one and can be performed in many different industries. The warehouse clerk salary is usually dependent on the location and the company.
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Clerk 1 – Warehouse
Contract type & Duration: Specified time contract
Department: Supply Chain
Re Reporting to: Senior Supervisor Warehouse
Number of Positions: Two (02)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To control and be responsible for daily safety, receiving, transfer, storage, record keeping, issuing, and housekeeping activities as directed. Maintaining equipment (forklift) to ensure it operates safety and effectively. Ability to handle heavy materials by moving them with machines. Operate equipment safety and effectively for Warehouse activities. Ensure that equipment is inspected and maintained in good and safe working condition. Assisting in general activities in the warehouse by carrying heavy items as and when required as well as stock management, documentation.
- A Minimum of Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE).
- Any recognized Material Management Certificates.
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- At least 2 years’ working experience in Mining Warehouses or any Large – scale Warehouses.
- Experience on driving Warehouse equipment.
- Driving competency with Tanzania Driving license class C or E will be an added advantage.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Tallying and physical verification of delivered cargo against manifest and purchase order and delivery documents and assisting in preliminary quality checking.
- Confirm items descriptions and quantities against the GRN with handing over of materials to Warehouse from Receiving Warehouse.
- Issue out directly purchased materials to end users as specified on transaction records according to GGM issuing procedures.
- Transferring all receipted items from receiving warehouse to satellite warehouses as per GGM procedures.
- Offloading and loading of vehicles for the purpose of receiving and distributing of items to the satellite Warehouses and end users.
- Receiving and verifying items against GRN on the arrived items from receiving warehouse ready for binning.
- Binning items to the respective locations and storing the under ideal conditions.
- Issue material as specified on transaction records according to GGM issuing procedures (printing of picking of items from bins, actual posting and handling over goods to end users).
- Identify potential stock – out situation and report to your supervisor as well as checking inabilities.
- Daily check of accuracy of items and updating bin locations where necessary.
- Conducting cycle counting, perpetual stock take & Annual stocktaking, then give report to supervisor for data capturing and eventually adjustment.
- Stacking, binning, and storing of materials as per GGM standard operating procedures.
- Initiating the Non – conformances and reporting the same to Material Engineers.
- Ensure sequential filling system for all transaction records and reports are maintained and achieved.
- Ensure housekeeping and cleanliness in the warehouse is up to standards so maintaining housekeeping practices.
- Maintaining Environmental, Health and Safety policies as applicable to your area of responsibilities. Daily identification of hazards and conducting TAKE 5 for every.
- Basic warehouse machine operation for the warehouse daily activities (Forklifts of 3Tonne and 4Tonne).
- Offloading delivery trucks and Containers and de – crating containers loaded with various items for the mine, posting of receipt for the verified cargo into SAP system to generate GRN.
- Machines operation for the warehouse daily activities (Forklift (3Tonne, 4Tonne plus 10tonnes and IT – Volvo) as well as Telehandler.
- Maintain equipment to ensure it operates safely and effectively, preparing machinery for daily use, inspecting machinery for safety issues, and training other employees.
- General forklift driving to include off – loading and loading, moving stock / pallets from staging areas to trucks and from trucks to staging areas and around the Warehouse for binning, rotating stock, positioning stock in racking, picking items from mezzanine store and loading vehicles.
- Maintaining equipment (forklift) to ensure it operates safety and effectively. Ability to handle heavy materials by moving them with machines.
- Operate equipment safety and effectively for Warehouse activities. Ensure that equipment are maintained in good and safe working condition.
- Inspect equipment to identify and replacements, malfunctions, and repairs.
- Computer system application skills (excel + word)
- Warehouse practices expertise
- Should be a good team player
- Must possess excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Should be able to develop effective working relationship across all levels of organisation
- Positive attitude towards safety and environment compliance
- Should be ready to work under pressure with tight deadlines and minimal supervision
- Experience in using ERP preferably SAP
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply by clicking APPLY button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Clerk 1 – Warehouse”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 30th September 2022 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing [email protected] or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com
How to Apply:
warehouse clerk salary, warehouse clerk job requirements, what is a warehouse clerk, warehouse clerk job description resume, warehouse clerk description, warehouse clerk jobs near me, warehouse clerk interview questions