How do job seekers use social media?
Table of Contents
Job opportunities from government shule bora programme 2024
shule bora programme Get informarion related to shule bora tanzania, cambridge education tanzania, tanzania news, mott macdonald, mott macdonald tanzania, System Strengthening Lead, job opportunities from government, job opportunities from government shule bora programme, job opportunities from government shule bora project,
Also check: job opportunities government of Tanzania, job opportunities government sector, job search government, job vacancies public sector, what jobs are government jobs, careers in government sector, ajira portal
Contract: Full time
Job Description | shule bora programme
Shule Bora is designed for profound and sustained impact in the basic education sub-sector through supporting the establishment and strengthening of more effective management systems and procedures that enable sustainable long-term improvements in pre-primary and primary education.
The System Strengthening Coordinator will lead efforts geared towards this objective. This will entail leading and catalysing policy dialogue with Government of Tanzania (GoT) supporting the Education Programme for Results (EP for R II) in its quest to improve budget predictability, strengthen resource allocation systems delivery through institutional capacity building.
In addition, the position holder will support the delivery of project outputs under the systems strengthening outcome by providing technical leadership in the design of interventions and supporting Programme Technical Leads and Regional Coordinators to implement them.
shule bora programme | The following are the core responsibilities of the position holder:
Lead the operationalisation/implementation of the following Disbursement Linked Indicators (DLIs) in accordance with the EP for R POM:
- DLI1.5: Primary Schools become more inclusive. This will entail, among others, leading the implementation of the Primary school inclusion Plan (PSIP) and training of all LGAs on PISP.
- 3.1a: The share of public expenditure allocated to the education sector is 20%.
- 3.1b: The budget releases in support of key programme activities is maintained or increased.
- Teacher Workforce Planning and Management (new DLI – under development).
Working closely with the Programme Technical Lead, lead the design of interventions that will support the timely achievement of the following progress indicators:
- Output indicator #3.1: Number/Percentage of schools achieving at least 5 out of 10 management performance indicators,
- Output indicator 5.1: Percent of annual IVT recommendations on EPforR system strengthening implemented by GOT.
- Outcome indicator # 4.3: Inequity of the Pupil-Teacher Ratio in Government primary schools, by region, output indicator.
- Lead the Cambridge Education Shule Bora team in policy dialogue with government of Tanzania (GoT) and support GoT’s efforts in all efforts related to policy formulation.
- Focal person in supporting the GoT in strengthening the institutional process for prioritizing the assignment of new Teaching and Learning (T&LM) to the schools with the greatest shortages (DLI 1.4), including full implementation of the T&LM Replenishment Plan.
- Support and work closely with the EPforR Coordinator to implement the capacity building plan for the PforR Coordination Unit.
- Contribute to technical planning, regular monitoring and assurance of progress, and quality assurance of deliverables
- Working with the Technical Leads and Regional Coordinators, support the delivery of outputs 4 and 5 of the programme, namely “education authorities at the local and regional levels are supported to better plan, manage and support primary schools and teachers” and “national institutions with responsibilities for primary education are supported to improve education service delivery”
- Ability to work with Government officials across all levels
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team setting.
- Proficient in using MS packages, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organisational skills, reliability, and adherence to ethical standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Kiswahili preferred.
- Experience in development work in the education sector of Tanzania
- Experience in a senior position
- Experience in results-based financing programmes
- Experience in the fields of policy formulation and implementation the education sector
- Experience in supervising short term sub consultants working to deliver programme goals
- Knowledge of Tanzanian education system
The UK aid funded Shule Bora programme aims to improve the quality of pre-primary and primary schools in Tanzania. The programme’ s Impact Statement is: Shule Bora will deliver improved quality, inclusiveness, and safety of learning for boys and girls. There are four outcomes:
- Learning: All children* are learning in school.
- Teaching: UKAID supports the strengthening of Tanzania’s teaching workforce.
- Inclusion: All children are in schools that are safe, offer an environment conducive to learning and that this enables children to complete primary education and progress to secondary education.
- Systems building: UKAID supports government in strengthening the value for money** of education provision at school, local and national level.
* The term ‘all children’ infers particular attention to the most disadvantaged: girls, the disabled and those living deprived areas **Value for money is defined as a composite of economy, efficiency, effectiveness and equity
The programme will:
- Work with Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (MOEST) and the President’s Office Regional Administration and Local Government (PO-RALG) to test, adapt and implement at scale quality, gender-transformative, disability-inclusive, and safe to learn education approaches in 9 regions, generating learning and evidence on how to achieve these outcomes affordably and at scale.
- Support GoT with the timely and effective implementation of the PforR mechanism through technical assistance and capacity building, with a strong focus on data verification, financial management and risk management. Support lesson learning processes from PforR so that these can be embedded into government processes and shared with development partners and other key stakeholders. Ensure that lessons and best practice from (1) are used to inform PforR mechanism.
- Manage and coordinate programme activities, with a strong focus on (i) ensuring a high-quality programme, financial and risk management oversight, (ii) working with an independent Learning and Evidence (L&E) provider on establishing regular, rigorous, and community-driven monitoring and evaluation activities, and (iii) developing and implementing a strategy for effective communication of Shule Bora objectives, results, and lessons learned to a range of target audiences.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence
Job Ref: 59730BR
Region/State: All – Tanzania
Sector: International development
Website Region: Africa
Website Sector: Education, International development