How do job seekers use social media?
unicef jobs, nafasi za kazi unicef tanzania, ajira mpya unicef 2021, unicef jobs dar es salaam, unicef jobs tanzania, unicef jobs mbeya, unicef jobs 2021, unicef jobs for teachers 2021, jobs at unicef tanzania, unicef jobs in tanzania, unicef jobs in tanzania 2021
Job no: 546505
Contract type: Temporary Appointment
Location: United Republic of Tanzania
Categories: Health, Early Childhood Development
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.And we never give up.For every child, Care. How can you make a difference?
Technical leadership in ECD programming
Design and update the situation analysis and assessments on ECD related issues to establish evidence-based data to support holistic policy and programme development, as well as coordinated planning, implementation, and monitoring of early childhood development programmes/projects within the country programme.
Keep abreast of national, regional and international development priorities to identify opportunities where ECD can enhance inter-sector partnership, integration and linkages.
Participate in CO programme planning to determine strategic areas for ECD integration/intervention. Contribute to the formulation, design and preparation of the Country Programme to ensure integration of ECD in a holistic manner across programme areas and to ensure alignment of ECD programmes with UNICEF’s Strategic Plans, regional strategies and national priorities, plans and competencies.
Establish specific goals, objectives, strategies and implementation plans for the ECD programmes/projects using a results-based planning terminology and methodology (RBM). Prepare required documentations on ECD related issues for programme review and approval.
Work closely and collaboratively with colleagues and partners to discuss strategies and methodologies and to determine national priorities/competencies to promote inter-sector partnerships and holistic approach to ECD.
Provide authoritative technical and operational support throughout all stages of programming processes to ensure ECD integration, coherence and harmonization with other UNICEF sectors and achievement of results as planned and allocated.
Strategic management, monitoring and delivery of results on ECD programmes
- Plan and/or collaborate with monitoring and evaluation initiatives to establish benchmarks, performance indicators and other UNICEF/UN system indicators, to assess/strengthen performance accountability, coherence and delivery of concrete and sustainable results on ECD programmes/projects.
- Prepare/assess monitoring and evaluation reports to identify gaps, strengths/weaknesses in programme management, identify lessons learned and use knowledge gained for development planning and timely intervention to achieve goals.
- Monitor ECD programmes/projects to assess progress, identify bottlenecks and potential problems and take timely decisions to resolve issues and/or refer to relevant officials for timely resolution.
- Plan, monitor and control the use of ECD programme resources (financial, human, administrative and other assets) certifying/verifying compliance with organizational rules, regulations and procedures, donor commitments and standards of accountability and integrity. Ensure timely reporting and liquidation of resources.
- Submit/prepare ECD programme/project reports to donors and other partners to keep them informed on programme progress and critical issues
- Advisory services, quality oversight and technical support
- Provide technical advice and/or written guidance to key government officials, NGO, and other country office partners on policies, strategies, best practices and approaches on ECD issues to support programme development planning, implementation and delivery of results.
- Participate in strategic discussions, meetings and other international/national meetings and workshops to provide ECD evidence based papers and inputs to influence policy and agenda setting on ECD.
- Prepare ECD policy papers, briefs and other strategic programme materials for management use, information and consideration in programme development discussion and planning.
- Advocacy, networking and partnership building
- Build and strengthen strategic partnerships through networking and advocacy with local/national governments, UN system agency partners, donors, internationally recognized institutions, NGOs, funding organizations, research institutes, universities, private sector and communities to reinforce cooperation and/or pursue opportunities to promote goals and achieve sustainable and broad results on ECD.
- Participate and/or represent UNICEF in inter-agency discussions and planning on early childhood development to ensure organizational position, interests and priorities on early childhood development are fully considered and integrated in the development planning and agenda setting process.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Promote critical thinking, innovative approaches and good practices for ECD programmes/projects initiatives through advocacy and technical advisory services.
- Keep abreast, research, benchmark, introduce and implement best and cutting edge practices on ECD. Institutionalize and disseminate best practices and knowledge learned to support development planning and implementation.
- Contribute to the development of policies and procedures and introduce innovation and best practices to ensure optimum efficiency and efficacy of sustainable programmes and projects.
- Organize/plan/implement capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies of a wide range of internal and external partners/stakeholders to promote sustainable results on ECD programmes/projects
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in one of the following fields is required: education, public administration, public health, nutrition, economics, psychology, sociology, human development, child development, family studies or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience in social development planning and management in early childhood development related areas is required. Experience working in a Government
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
- For every Child, you demonstrate…
- UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1),Works Collaboratively with others (1),Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1) Innovates and Embraces Change (1), Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)Drives to achieve impactful results (1),Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
The deadline for submitting the application is 09 December 2021.