Most job seekers are already using social media in their job search,
Utilizing social media in your job search can help you to network with potential employers, research companies and find job postings.
If you’re not sure how to get started, join with us on social media group!
sos children’s villages tanzania jobs, sos children’s villages tanzania, nafasi za kazi sos village, ajira sos village
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is a local non-government organization affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, a worldwide child care and protection organization that provides orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational opportunities. Established 60 years ago, SOS Children’s Villages International the umbrella organization, currently has Children’s Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world. Globally, it runs the SOS Children’s Village Programme which has two main arms, i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children’s Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities. SOS has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991, and implements its programs in the following locations Zanzibar, Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Iringa. SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania seeks to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions;
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (1Post)
Duty station: Arusha
Reporting to: Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Monitoring and Evaluation officer is responsible for the overall SOS Children’s Villages Monitoring & Evaluation strategy, policy, and practice in close co-operation with Program Manager and Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator, the M&E Officer will be responsible to develop and improve monitoring, evaluation, impact assessment, and learning methodologies in the location. The M&E function will contribute to improvement of program quality and promote program innovation through capacity building, technical advice, and knowledge sharing, and identifying new program areas. The post holder is also responsible for bringing together program learning, research-based evidence, and information, effective impact monitoring to feed into organizational learning.
- Support all M &E initiatives for assigned grant(s)/project(s) including monitoring data quality, tracking the progress of results, and contributing to staff capacity building initiatives as necessary.
- Assist in making sure that Result Based Management (RBM) remains alive in the location by undertaking and facilitating M&E plan for SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania and its partners, regular revising and updating performance questions, indicators, methods, reporting on time and analytical processes for each project component and for each level of objective hierarchy.
- Assist in making sure that Program Data Base (PDB) remain alive by supporting the program staff in the processes of entering valid, relevant and reliable data in PDB, reviewing the quality of existing project data, strengthen data collection methods, and the degree to which the existing data will provide good baseline information.
- Undertake regular visits to the field to support implementation of M&E and to identify where adaptations might be needed.
- Designing SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania and its partners monitoring and evaluation tools. Analyzing the data from the field and assisting the Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator in writing the M&E reports
- Support project/program staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture Program progress.Build capacities and knowledge of program staff on Monitoring & Evaluation, development of frameworks to integrate M&E in Program/Project cycle, impact assessment and Learning and knowledge management.
- Support and participate in program and project evaluations and writing evaluation report with recommendations for decision making
- Ensure adherence to SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania principles of Family Based Care and Family Strengthening approach & integrate Child Rights Monitoring and Evaluation principles and practices into the strategies and its implementation.
- Reviewing existing M&E and management information systems of SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania and identifying where support is needed.
- Insure the documentation and presentation of lesson learnt and best practices to the program people, management, partners and stakeholders and put mechanisms to insure they are accommodated in our daily implementation SOS Tanzania program.
- Actively seek to understand problems and unexpected positive/negative impacts, discussing these with primary stakeholders at location level/ Facility Heads and senior management.
- Develop a plan for program-related capacity-building on M&E and for any computer-based system support that may be required and carry out capacity building of relevant staff especially in areas of M&E systems, and conduct quality circles checks in order to identify possible areas for improvement
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES:
- Degree in Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation or related
- At least 3 years of working experience in monitoring and evaluation of relevant fields,
- Ability to develop data collection tools and manage program data base in accuracy, relevance and validity manners,
- Well informed and experienced on donor funded projects with abundant skills in result based reporting and ; good basic knowledge of donor compliance
- Fluency in English and swahili is required.
- Proficiency in current office software of data analysis applications
- Results-oriented, self-discipline and team spirit, and happy, able and experienced to work for and with young people
- Ability to drive motor cycle to ensure execution of activities, field visit and regular follow-ups of project activities.
How to apply:
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit their application letter by email describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies make you the right candidate for this position. Enclose ONLY detailed and updated CV with telephone contacts, email address and details of at least 3 refer- ees.The candidate MUST clearly indicate the title of position applied for. Only contacted candidates for the interview will submit copies of academic, professional certificates and passport size photo. Closing date is 25th November, 2021. To apply please send to;
The National Director SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania.