General Sugery jobs, Internal Medicine jobs, orthopaedics jobs , ent jobs nafasi za kazi bugando 2021, jobs at bungando 2021, job vacancy at bugando 2021, medical jobs 2021, nafasi za kazi za afya,
WEILL BUGANDO SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
- Department Of General Surgery (Sengerema) 1 Post
- Department Of Internal Medicine (Sengerema) 1 Post
- Department Of Orthopaedics And Trauma 1 Post
- Department Of Ent 1 Post
- A holder of a Master of Medicine (MMed) or equivalent degree with a GPA of 4 or with an average of B+ grade from a recognized Institution plus a GPA of 3.5 and above from the undergraduate studies. Must be registered by respective Council/Board.
- Teaching experience of 2 years is an added advantage
ii. General Attributes
- Adherence to professional ethic
- Ability to design set, administer and supervise different assessment items
- Ability to recognize students having difficulties, intervene and provide help and support
- Ability to mark student scripts and course work assessment items and provide feedback
- Computer skills and application
- Ability to prepare and deliver own teaching materials
- Potential to be a good role model and steer students towards dedication to learning, creativity and problem solving
- Possession of sufficient breadth and depth of specialist knowledge in the relevant discipline and of teaching methods and techniques to work within own area
- Ability to carry out independent research and provide feedback and
- Ability to supervise research and other knowledge generating and development activities
iii. Duties and Responsibilities
a. Main purpose of the post
- Effective teaching
- Knowledge advancement through research
- Delivery of quality services; and
- Effective realisation of the institution’s mission
iv. Key Functions
- Deliver face to face teaching including lectures, small group tutorials, seminars and bedside teaching (where appropriate) across a range of backgrounds of students including undergraduates, postgraduates and Interns.
- Participate in the preparation and organization of the undergraduate and postgraduate core teaching and assessment programme including organizing journal clubs.
- Develop online teaching material and other online resources.
- Develop and implement new methods of teaching and innovative teaching methods that encourage student participation and problem solving and a content that reflects changes in research.
- Participate in curricula reform as necessary in the context of an expanding medical knowledge. Taking an active part in developing new courses.
- Promote integrated teaching for medical and other students during lectures, tutorials and clinical teaching.
- Take part in the University examinations by preparing and administering exam questions, taking part in viva voce as well as marking exam papers and students’ coursework.
- Strive for the holistic development of the student by providing sound knowledge, the highest analytical ability.
- Instilling in the student the concern for ethical and moral values.
- Undertake a pastoral role – acting as academic advisor to students.
- Conduct high quality research in area of specialization and interest and actively contribute to the institution’s research profile.
- Take advantage of locally available research funds to conduct research of national priority.
- Pursue to the extent possible external funding.
- Publish at least one paper a year in high impact professional and scientific journals.
- Develop and maintain a competitive research group in a recognized area of research in health and allied sciences.
- Supervise and guide students as well as junior staff members of the Department in research projects involving health sciences.
- Develop an educational research portfolio in an area relating to local needs and study for a higher degree in medical education.
- Disseminate research findings both nationally and internationally.
- Collaborate with colleagues in other institutions of higher learning in research.
C. Clinical Service and Teaching
- Participate in the delivery of services in area of specialization.
- Maintain an active registration to practice medicine as regulated by the Medical Council and perform clinical duties.
- Ensure in the course of the clinical training of medical and other students that the students:
- Master the art of history taking,
- Master the art of physical examination,
- Can suggest appropriate investigations,
- Carry out simple lab tests in a side room setting,
- Make tentative conclusions and therefore venture a differential diagnosis and possible treatment,
- Consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to the patient and choose the most appropriate one,
- Communicate their clinical findings in writing effectively and as appropriate for the needs of the audience,
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems,
- Understand the implications of new information for both current and future problemsolving and decision-making,
- Adjust actions in relation to other findings or actions of others,
- Manage one’s own time and the time of others effectively.
- Provide supervision in case assignment to medical students, residents, AMOs including signing off on charts as necessary.
- Ensure patients under your care are examined properly to obtain information about their physical and mental condition.
- Ensure appropriate diagnostic tests are ordered.
- Assist students and residents in the interpretation of diagnostic tests indicating their deviations from normal.
- Assist in making tentative diagnoses and decisions about management and treatment of patients under your care.
- Ensure record patient medical data, including health history, progress notes and results of physical examination are obtained, compiled and recorded.
- Provide young physicians with assistance during complicated medical procedures.
- Perform therapeutic procedures that are beyond the competence of doctors under your care.
- Instruct and counsel patients about prescribed therapeutic regimens, and procedures to be undertaken.
- Visit and observe patients on hospital rounds updating charts and ordering therapy.
- Acts on all cases referred to your care by other service providers within and outside BMC.
- Assist in internal quality control within the area of specialization.
- Provide quality medical care according to standards established by the BMC and CUHAS committee on quality assurance.
- Be available to participate in providing continuity for hospital in- patient management.
- Conduct and encourage students and junior staff to attend to admission rounds.
- Conduct oneself in a manner that upholds ethical principles befitting of a health provider.
D. STUDENT AND STAFF ADMINISTRATION
- Participate actively in departmental administrative tasks in areas like student admissions, induction courses, departmental committees and faculty board meetings when called upon to do so.
- Manage and supervise junior staff in the Department and be prepared to take up the role of head of Department when called upon to do so.
- Participate in departmental, professional conferences and seminars, and contribute to these as necessary.
- Establish collaborative links outside the University with industrial, commercial and public organizations and institutions of higher learning.
- Make yourself accessible to students and make sure you are available during office hours; else your whereabouts should be known to peers/Head of Department.
- Make sure you observe University policies and procedures.
- Provide performance appraisal (or confidential) reports timely as may be requested by the department from time to time.
- Assist in identifying internal and external examiners for courses under your care.
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania.
- Applications must be typed in English.
- All application letters must be accompanied with detailed and current Curriculum Vitae, all relevant
- certificates and full transcripts. For applicants who have studied outside Tanzania, a certificate of
- recognition by TCU must be attached.
- Names and valid addresses (and phone numbers or emails) of 3 credible referees must be provided.
The deadline is Friday 14th December, 2021 at 04:30 pm.
Applications must be addressed and sent to:
CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH AND ALLIED SCIENCES (CUHAS)
P.O. BOX 1464,