How do job seekers use social media?
project manager jobs opportunity worl vision tanzania decmber 2021, project manager, project manager jobs, project manager job description, project manager interview questions, world vision jobs in tanzania 2021, world vision jobs arusha 2021, world vision job vacancies 2021, world vision tanzania internship 2021, world vision tanzania jobs, shirika la world vision tanzania, nafasi za kazi world vision april 2021, world vision projects in tanzania, jobs at world vision tanzania, job vacancies at world vision tanzania,world vision jobs in tanzania 2021, world vision tanzania job opportunities
World Vision Tanzania seeks highly qualified candidates for an anticipated five-year donor funded project with key objectives to increase empowerment, reduce exploitation and abuse, increase uptake of ASRHR services, including Nutrition & HIV and Increased Economic Opportunities through skills development, job creation, policy and capacity building. The project is anticipated to be implemented in Dar es Salaam and Dodoma.
The anticipated project aims:
- To Improve enabling environment to advance gender equality and rights and protection from SGBV and adverse SRH and Nutrition outcomes
- Improved capacity of youth/CBOs to meaningfully participate in and engage local decision-making structures to advance gender exploitation, adolescent girls’ and boys’ SRHR, and prevent and respond to SGBV.
- Increased access to improved ASRHR and nutrition services for adolescent boys and girls in and out of schools.
- Increased gender equitable participation of female and male youth from 16-19 years in the labour market.
The project Manager will have overall responsibility to provide the day to day management, coordination and efficient implementation of the project in the target regions. The incumbent staff will lead the development of detailed annual project workplan, ensure timely implementation, monitoring and evaluation of project activities within the regions while maintaining linkages with key stakeholders. S/he will actively oversee the project from quality, integrity, and smooth operations alongside all stakeholders, and soliciting solutions to any challenge that arise during implementation. S/he will provide supervision and support to the Project team to ensure high fidelity of implementation in time, target and budget and in full compliance with the donor requirements.
S/he will supervise and direct all team members involved in the project while upholding the cultural values of World Vision.
This position is contingent on the confirmation of funding from the donor.
Technical support and Strategic engagement
- Ensure Leadership in technical implementation of key project activities.
- Develop a detailed annual project plan to monitor and track project progress to meet budgetary objectives and adjusts project constraints in consultation with project management team and World Vision Canada’s (WVC’s) grant manager
- Facilitate technical assistance to the local stakeholders such as regions and districts MoH to implement the projects activities for achieving maximum impact in the implementation of the project.
- Identify, and manage project risks in a timely manner in consultation with the project management and escalate to Senior Management and grant manager in WVC for those requiring Management and donor’s attention.
- Work closely with Cluster managers and program development coordinators to integrate the project interventions into the ongoing Health, nutrition and livelihood interventions to enhance scale up and sustainability.
- Coordinate and work closely with other project implementing local partners to ensure specific activities such as locally appropriate bio-fortified crops production and scaled up in the target regions.
- Ensure social behavior change communication strategies and interventions are developed and implemented to address barriers to adoption of improved adolescent sexual reproductive health practices and rights among adolescents, youths and young men/women of reproductive age
- Ensure all key project models are implemented and documented with high fidelity and quality
- Chair and ensure participation of project stakeholders in related Project Steering committee meetings with other implementing partners
Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Establish and maintain high quality and timely project reporting, and communications in alignment to the specific donor requirements, WVC and WVT standards.
- In collaboration with M&E and project coordinator ensure that the project results, and targets are monitored and adjusted as necessary as well as an annual work plans developed, which reflect the objectives of the project. (gathering, reporting and analyzing performance
- data for impact and sustainability of project implementation in each region.)
- Ensure proper operational opening/launch and closing of the project as well as dissemination of monitoring and evaluation of programmatic progress. Disseminate project follow- up reports to guide timely action.
- Work closely with the Project M&E and WVC to develop and maintain program monitoring and evaluation tracking tools to ensure all project indicators report clear linkage of activities to intended outputs and outcomes and that the level of change is clearly tracked.
- Coordinate the Project M&E and Project Accountant to ensure that donor reports (both financial and narrative) are generated and sent out to WVC and local stakeholders in time. Prior review from NO must be done.
- Document and disseminate project best practices, lessons learnt and success stories internally and externally.
- Support all monitoring, evaluation and research tasks and deliverables for the project and ensure that all required reports and documentation for the project’s internal management systems are produced according to WVC and donor’s requirements
- Lead and facilitate preparation of project narrative and financial reports in accordance with donor designated formats as required. Ensure that draft reports disseminated for review and feedback by senior management team, relevant technical advisors prior to submitting the final report to WVC.
- Submit timely accurate and quality reports that meet donor requirements (timely preparation and submission of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual progress reports on the status of project implementation).
- Lead preparation of project specific information sheets, human impact stories, short video clips and photographs for public engagement. Provide relevant communications information as necessary for dissemination to donors, WVC and media.
- In collaboration with Compliance and reporting officer, maintain Project and report tracking system to ensure all Project files are organized and well managed for planning and preparation of donor reports and project monitoring.
- Share lessons learned with local partners, WVT leadership, staff and donors from field reports to enhance local planning and implementation and suggest modifications that might be necessary at the local level based on evidence and lessons learnt.
- eam Performance
- Ensure a high-performance management culture, open trustworthy relationships and integrity to enhance program officer’s smooth relations and accountability.
- Provide supervision and support to project coordinators, and give technical assistance to government staff and consultants working within the program.
- Promote and ensure zero tolerance to fraud and corruption
Financial & non-finance resource Management:
- Ensure that the Project budget is managed within approved spending levels and ensure accurate and timely financial reports to donors and World Vision.
- In working with financial team ensure project expenses are reasonable, allocated as per assigned budget, prudent and spent in accordance with donor rules and regulations to ensure low risk audits
- Manage program assets, materials and financial resources to ensure Stewardship and accountability in the project.
Networking, visibility and donor recognition
- Ensures the program interventions and the donor are recognized by the government, partners and communities
- Develop and support effective linkages and collaborate with Key structures to include CHMT, Community Based Organizations, other implementing partners and NGOs.
- Represent WVT and Participate in networking meetings/workshops/conferences with GoT and other stakeholders at the district, regional and national level
- Facilitate documentation and sharing of processes, challenges, good practices and lessons learnt among partners.
- In collaboration with Senior Grants and Operation manager, ensure WV Canada and donor queries and requests are effectively, timely and effective way.
- Implement project initiatives in monitoring, evaluation, impact measurement, and reporting system
- Spearhead development, review and implementation of project monitoring and evaluation plan in collaboration with project team and partners.
- Test and adapt project theory of change in collaboration with other staffs and partners
- Facilitate development of annual plans as per donor requirement and WVI guidelines and support the revision of work plans.
- Take part in preparation, review and compilation of project’s monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports.
- Take lead in monitoring and evaluation events such as baseline, mid-term reviews, and final evaluation exercises.
- Participate in the engagement of project-hired consultants, including writing their Terms of Reference (TOR) and providing them with the logistical support, they need as carry out their contracted duties.
- Facilitate learning and reflection sessions with staff or partners for exploring information and answers around projects learning agenda.
- Formulate and Implement key performance indicators (KPI) and deliverables for the project and monitor them throughout the duration of the project
- Take part in project activities’ data collection, cleaning analysis and reporting as required by DME and or project management team. Abide and support in the monitoring and evaluation activities per approved policies, systems, procedures and donor requirements
- Effective MEAL system for improved project performance
- Implement project Learning, information and knowledge system
- Leading project efforts to analyse and reflect on the data and information to determine the impacts it is making towards improved project achievements.
- Maintain project database in WV’s Horizon and GEA’s monitoring platform including GIS and remote sensing web-based and desktop software.
- Lead project efforts to document challenges/obstacles and lessons and best practices, including their application for improved project and organizational performance
- Package and disseminate quality program initiative information to different audiences and for project quality purposes
- Lead documentation of best practices and ensure most significant success stories are published and included in the reports and shared.
- Establish status of implementation of operations audit/reviews recommendations for management action.
- Lessons learned captured for review and adjustment of project design towards enhanced performance.
- Documented evidence on project performance done and disseminated accordingly
- Build capacity of staffs, partners and community in MEAL
- Develop and disseminate monitoring templates including GIS and remote sensing tools to the project team
- Train staffs, partners and community on project monitoring tools for effective and quality M&E system
- Improved capacity of MEAL for project team and partners
- Networking, visibility and donor recognition
- Establish and maintain good relations partners, LGAs and stakeholders and other consortium members with regards to the implementation and accountability.
- Ensures project interventions and donor are recognized by the government, partners and communities through project branding, participation in different forums including national, zonal, regional and local events.
- Develop and support effective linkages and collaboration with key public institutions.
- Represent the project in various assigned learning and sharing meetings/workshops/conferences.
- Facilitate documentation and sharing of processes, challenges, best practices and lessons learnt among partners in the consortium.
- Build network and create a positive image about the project and WV in general
- Documented success/transformational impact stories for visibility and donor recognition
- Participate in Other Organisational Activities that would ensure the project is well represented in WVT bigger picture including doing any other assignment related to MEAL and GAM functions within the organisation.
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in combination with a Master’s Degree in medicine, nursing, and public health
- Demonstrated experience in a Project Management role and use of project management cycle in the delivery of development projects is required.
- Demonstrated experience managing multidisciplinary teams is an advantage.
- Experience implementing international donor funded projects is an advantage;
- Experience in delivering technical assistance and/or institutional capacity building is an asset
- Familiar with current Advocacy issues around adolescent sexual reproductive health and working with adolescents & youths is a MUST
- Experience in urban programs is an advantage.
- Master of Science in Public Health and/or Project Management in Health
- Medical or nursing qualification with public health training.
- Additional training on SRHR is an asset.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills; Ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders,
- Strategic, creative, and innovative thinking
- Excellent presentation skills
- Practical advocacy and campaigning experience in the development field
- Ability / experience of managing a network
- Experience working in advocacy
- Experience in coalition building and ability to rally coalitions and networks to take positions on specific policy issues
- Excellent coordination and planning skills
- Report writing skills: Ability to write complex reports
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent team player with minimum supervision
- Significant experience of working with government officials, multiple partners, community groups and communities.
- Proven experience in facilitating effective project documentation and dissemination of results to a wide range of audiences.
- Experience in working with donor funds
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff
- Good planning and Excellent organizational skills, ability to determine priorities and attention to detail a must
- Work in a multisectoral/ multicultural team- patience, cultural sensitivity and application of contextual understanding in day to day work
- Ability to work with tight deadlines for information needs