How do job seekers use social media?
Table of Contents
quality and measurement advisor job description, quality and measurement advisor tanzania, quality and measurement advisor, palladium international, palladium group salary, palladium tanzania jobs, quality and measurement advisor pdf
About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our team at [email protected]
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Project Overview and Role:
Palladium develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. Since 1971, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing, and evaluating programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Palladium has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Palladium is currently seeking a Quality and Measurement Advisor to support implementation of the Translating Data for Implementation (Data.FI) award which is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Data.FI partners with PEPFAR programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV and COVID-19 epidemic control and maintenance. Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS) and conduct in-depth analysis of epidemiologic and program data to inform management responses to gaps in programming and sustain impact by supporting local partner transition.
Purpose of Position
In Tanzania, Data.FI will support the government (PORALG) and USAID to strengthen and expand the application of the Makole Model as a change management approach to improve productivity and the quality of services at health facilities. The Quality and Measurement Advisor will bring together and implement all issues related to quality improvement indicators, development of QI data collection methods and tools, capacity building to all DQAs on the use of QI tools. The Quality and Measurement Advisor will ensure there is availability of QI data collection methods and tools and collaborate with DVS and HIS System Advisor and Data Engineer on the utilization of QI data collection tools.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Quality and Measurement Advisor (QMA) position requires the highly committed, self-motivated and result oriented individual.
- Ensure effective implementation and providing support to Temeke Municipal Council CHMT in the facilitation of situation room meetings and QI initiatives.
- Under the supervision of the Senior Quality Advisor, the Quality Measurement Advisors will implement quality improvement and quality assurance strategies at the district level.
- Facilitate routine weekly situation room QI meetings and assists CHMT and HFs to develop different QI initiatives and lead efforts to prepare monthly leadership QI reports.
- Participating in CHMT visits to health facilities at least monthly to provide QI technical assistance and mentoring for continuous quality improvement, model of change and process improvement.
- Assist CHMT in supporting health facility to understand QI analysis for project improvement and ensure there is feedback from facility-based QI teams to CHMT.
- Work closely with CHMT on QI data collection from facilities, provide guidance and recommendations related to track QI indicators.
- Assess strengths, weaknesses and needs of district officials to be able to conduct QI/QA initiatives at the district level and support QIQA/ processes at the health facility.
- Work with CHMT to ensure there is application of QI principles in routine supportive supervision, carry out performance measurement at facilities, analyze QI data, provide QI feedback to facility healthcare workers and CHMT and attend QI meetings at facility level when is available.
- Provide coaching modules to CHMT at regular intervals.
- Work with CHMT to ensure they support health facility team to organize monthly QI meetings to review improvement initiatives and conduct PDSA cycles informed by data collected.
- Support the organization of meetings in the council related to implementation of QI activities.
- Promote program activities by working less time in the office and more time with CHMT including participating in various CHMT activities and use the room to integrate the workflow of team.
- Provide training for district officials to launch Situation Room meetings for data review and use which identifies the root cause of performance problems and incorporates the Plan-Do-See Act (PDSA) QA/QI approach for engaging in appreciative inquiry and corrective action planning.
- Build effective working relationships with district PORALG, MOH, and implementing partners at the district level.
- In collaboration with DQA develop Quality Improvement data collection methods: drafts of indicator reference sheets and data collection tools.
- Work with DQA’s to identify priority indicators based on change ideas pursued by CHMTs
- Identify and solve all QI data collection methods issues as they arise.
- Provide overall data management leadership in all QI related data in the program
- Elicit feedback from HQ technical backstops.
- Disseminate and archive finalized indicator reference sheets.
- Liaise with digital team and collaborate in digitizing data collection and displaying data
- Leverage adult learning principles to create interactive sessions intended to engage critical thinking skills, encourage accountability, and be highly systematized for ease of replicability.
- Provide feedback to the Data Visualization Specialist to ensure analytics and dashboards are designed to promote and reflect decision making and respond to user requirements.
- Promote knowledge management efforts aimed at tracking impact of data use strategies via the drafting of Data Use Briefs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Degree in Medicine, Nursing, social or other related field with relevant national board registrations
- A master’s degree in Public Health or other related is an added advantage
Knowledge, skills, and ability
- At least 2 years of experience working in public health programs or services.
- Experience in quality improvement, data analysis and ME activities.
- Experience in basic computer application such as MS word, excel, power point and the internet.
- Excellent in written and oral English communication.
- Understanding on RHMT/CHMT integration context.
- Demonstrated skills in building the capacity of stakeholders in quality improvement principles; this includes strong skills in facilitating the interpretation and use of data by program managers.
- Knowledge of project management principles and ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to effectively write technical documents, lead meetings, develop and conduct trainings and deliver presentations.
- Familiarity with the Makole Model a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, TEAMS), experience with DHIS2 and Business Intelligence tools an advantage.
- Ability to work legally in Tanzania required.
- Fluency in English required, fluency in Swahili preferred.