How do job seekers use social media?
technical officer – tb/hiv jobs vacancy, technical officer – tb/hiv jobs vacancy 2021, icap jobs tanzania,icap jobs 2021, icap tanzania jobs 2021, technical officer – tb/hiv icap jobs, icap tanzania website, icap career portal, icap jobs mwanza, icap tanzania office, icap tanzania address,jobs tanzania 2021, jobs tanzania, jobs tanzania december 2021
Position Title: Technical Officer – TB/HIV (1 position)
Reports to: Technical Advisor – Care & Treatment
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Location: Mwanza
Travel: Up to 40% in intervention districts outside of job location
Overall Job Function:
The Technical Officer – TB/HIV is a member of the central technical team responsible for providing technical assistance on TB/HIV services supported under the project. Under the supervision of the Technical Advisor – Care and Treatment, s/he provides technical assistance to regional staff ensuring effective implementation of interventions related to, TB/HIV in community and facility settings.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide guidance, implementation, and monitoring to ensure that designed interventions relevant to the technical areas in both community and facility settings achieve programmatic goals in line with ICAP, donor, and government priorities.
- Contribute to planning and implementation of emerging strategies for service
- delivery relevant to the technical areas in both community and facility settings by coordinating with relevant stakeholders and providing technical assistance.
- Support timely implementation of all major program activities relevant to TB/HIV
- according to the objectives and deliverables, conducting relevant site visits,
- supporting regional team activities, and developing reports on program progress and achievements.
- Support regional teams and partners to develop work plans and strategies relevant to TB/HIV to achieve 100% of the annual targets and other related indicators relevant to the portfolio and closely monitor the implementation of work plans.
- Ensure compliance with national and international standards and best practices for program implementation and that all programs are implemented in accordance with national guidelines and policy, protocols, SOPs, good clinical practice, and ethical/regulatory requirements.
- Assist with the development of monthly, quarterly and annual reports and slidedecks to the donor and various stakeholders.
- Assist with the documentation of program success stories and lessons in the relevant technical areas learned for internal and external release/publication.
- Conduct frequent supervision and monitoring visits to program sites and regions
- Participate in national technical working group meetings relevant to the technical area.
- Liaise with SI team to translate data outcomes into program improvement strategies, and to provide data analysis support to frequently monitor the effectiveness of interventions.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Required Education: Medically trained personnel (nurse, clinical officer, MD, MBBS or equivalent)
- Preferred: Additional Master’s degree or higher in the following fields: Public Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Social Work, or related discipline
- Required Technical Experience: Minimum 3 years’ work experience in TB/HIV field, including demonstrated experience and knowledge in TB services and epidemiology of TB in both facility and community settings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with fluency in English and Kiswahili required.
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint at minimum; preferred proficiency with statistical Software such as SAS and SPSS).
- Ability to provide high quality technical assistance to regional team.
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse team and interact well with all beneficiaries, health care workers, and volunteers by facilitating a non-judgmental, nondiscriminatory, and non-stigmatizing environment in the program, and to welcome all clients regardless of their background
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Flexibility to work after normal working hours and weekends at informal gatherings and entertainment centers and travel extensively to remote areas, including islands.Ability to interact well with all targeted groups and peer outreach workers by facilitating a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory, and non-stigmatizing environment in the program, to welcome all key and vulnerable population beneficiaries regardless of their background
- Must be a Tanzanian Citizen