wfp jobs, wfp jobs in tanzania 2021, nafasi za kazi wfp, ajira mpya wfp 2021, wfp jobs in tanzania, wfp jobs november 2021, wfp jobs 2021, wfp jobs in africa, the wfp jobs, wfp jobs tanzania, wfp tanzania, wfp jobs careers
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Education: Advanced University degree in Economics, Food Security, Statistics, Data Science, Public Health/Nutrition, Geography or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
National Professional: Fluency (level C) in English and Swahili languages.
This role is at Dar es Salaam Country Offices (COs), and the VAM Officer will report to the Head of VAM/M&E. The VAM Officer is expected to operate with high degree of independence and be involved in more straight forward VAM activities and programmes.
To generate and/or contribute to the VAM evidence base that supports food security and nutrition policies and programmes (e.g. needs assessment and situation analyses, programme design, targeting, cost effectiveness, and operational efficiency).
1. Provide technical advice and support WFP and its partners on matters pertaining to food security and nutrition strategies, policies, programmes, and facilitate the timely and productive use of related outputs in a manner that complies with WFP standards and processes.
2. Contribute to the development of systems and tools for the monitoring and assessment of food assistance needs in line with innovative methodologies and best practice.
3. Manage and/or conduct food security, nutrition, markets and resilience analysis and prepare timely reports on food assessment needs in line with wider VAM policies, processes and guidance to enable effective decision-making on the development of country strategy, policies and programmes.
4. Keep up to date with and advise on food assistance developments and issues and the potential impact upon WFP activity to enable timely and appropriate programme evolution and intervention.
5. Contribute to the development of programme activities, providing technical analysis, interpretation and recommendations to facilitate food assistance needs to be met effectively.
6. Provide coaching and guidance to VAM staff as required to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance.
7. Support the monitoring and evaluation of WFP activities, providing technical analysis, interpretation and information as required to support the assessment of activity impact.
8. Represent WFP during meetings with partners to contribute to technical discussions, exchange of knowledge and experience, and seek for appropriate interventions (based on an evidence base), and areas for potential collaboration.
9. Build capacity of WFP staff, partners and national government to conduct analysis on food security, nutrition, markets, resilience, and related topics to effectively inform policies and programmes.
10. Provide support to relevant partners that are focusing on food security and nutrition to enable sharing of experience, lessons learned and best practice.
11. Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
12. Other as required.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Food Security Analysis||Applies advanced analytical knowledge to lead the management, design and implementation of food security and vulnerability analysis activities. Ensures that analysis remains the backbone of programmatic interventions through its lifecycle, ultimately contributing towards making communities food secure and resilient.|
|Food Security Monitoring||Leads management, design and implementation of food security monitoring systems. Ensures that such analysis is timely and responsive to programmatic needs and adjustments.|
|Technical Specialized Knowledge (e.g., Economics, Statistics, Public Health, Remote Sensing, GIS, etc.)||Provides managerial and technical guidance for designing and conducting analyses, including computation, interpretation, and presentation of results for food security surveys and key indicators (comprehensive food security and vulnerability surveys, food security monitoring, implementing mobile surveys, market analysis, food consumption scores, coping strategies indices. data disaggregation, etc.).|
|Food Security Assessment||Leads all aspects of surveys including design, implementation, analysis, findings and reporting. Ensures that assessment findings are easily translated into operational programmatic response.|
|Strategic Operational Understanding||Demonstrates strong understanding of country operations to participate in response analysis exercises to improve the cohesion between analytical findings and programmatic response. Constructs evidence base underlying technical and policy advice given to stakeholders.|
• Gained valuable experience in collecting geospatial and socioeconomic food security data, conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses, and reporting findings to senior leaders.
• Has led surveys, multiple assessments in countries, including the design, data collection and analysis.
• Has participated in design and implementation of WFP programmes focusing in food security.
This position is for Tanzanian nationals only.
All Applications should be submitted through the e-recruitment portal.
The deadline for receiving applications is 07 December 2021.
Female applicants, individuals with disability and qualified applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
New 139 Jobs Vacancies at Judicial Service Commission Jobs Vacancies at Judicial Service Commission, The Judicial Service Commission (JSC) in…
100 Bancassurance Direct Sales Staff Jobs at NMB Bank PLC Are you looking for Bancassurance Direct Sales Staff Jobs, nmb…
CBU Project Lead Jobs at Vodacom Tanzania PLC Vodacom Tanzania PLC is a leading mobile network operator in Tanzania. The…
New Jobs Opportunities at Firm 23 Ltd New Jobs Opportunities at Firm 23 Ltd, Firm 23 Ltd use technology to…
Content Creation Executive at Mwananchi Communications Limited Mwananchi Communications Limited, a subsidiary of Nation Media Group, and publishers of Mwananchi,…
Executive Assistant at African Fibres Tanzania Limited African Fibres Tanzania Limited (AFT) is a leading textile manufacturing company located in…