How do job seekers use social media?
mdh tanzania jobs december 2021, mdh tanzania job opportunities, mdh careers tanzania, mdh tanzania jobs 2021, jobs at mdh tanzania, jobs at mdh, mdh vacancies, nafasi za kazi mdh, mdh jobs 2021, mdh jobs, mdh jobs in tanzania, mdh in tanzania, www.mdh.or.tz
LOCATION: Iringa, Lindi, Morogoro, Mtwara, Njombe and Ruvuma
REPORTS TO: Senior Advisor Quality Service Delivery
Position Summary: The Advisor-Pharmaceutical Support and Supply Chain is a self- motivated individual who will be responsible for providing oversight and technical leadership for pharmaceutical support and supply chain services for C3HP at the regional/district and all supported facilities. S/he main objective is to guarantee the technical performance of the C3HP pharmaceutical support and supply chain services and ensuring uninterrupted availability of health commodities in the respective region. She/he will be working with and providing substantive and technical direction and assistance to other regional staff at supported region and will work in close collaboration with the respective regional and district level health management teams and C3HP supported facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for ensuring that C3HP respective region meets national standard for health commodities supply chain management by: o Conduct regular need assessment on pharmaceutical and supply chain service provision and and organize efforts to address these needs -; including areas of capacity building and health system strengthening – in collaboration with the R/CHMT. o Ensuring all supported facilities have all required LMIS tools for health commodities record keeping and reporting. o Ensuring supply chain data reported in eLMIS and Pharmacy Module Database/CTC3 Macro by supported facilities are
of high quality. o Working with R/CHMT to track and report regional performance on the national supply chain key performance indicators and conduct quarterly supply chain DQA to all supported facilities.
2. Ensures uninterrupted supply in HIV/TB and related commodities at all C3HP – supported sites by: o Annual forecasting of needs in HIV/TB and related commodities including lab
supplies for each single site/district during planning. o Ensuring that each single site/district has appropriate buffer stock off all HIV/TB and related commodities including lab reagents and consumables and o In collaboration with R/CHMT, he/she will support redistribution of health commodities to ensure continuum of care and avoid wastage/pileups. o Providing technical assistance to Regional/district pharmacists in reporting and ordering of ARVs, TB medicines and related commodities from the MSD. o Ensuring that technical procedures for procurement, distribution and dispensation are respected at all sites according to the standard operating procedures. o Keep track of drug flow between stores and C3HP supported sites and continuously update and educate site staff on developments and issues related to new drug formulations, national and zonal ARV and OI drugs stocks update. o Provide TA to C3HP supported facilities to maintain the inventory of medicines and laboratory supplies and they submit their Report and Request forms to MSD timely for resupply of health commodities. o Make sure that all dispensing rooms at all supported facilities have the necessary infrastructure and are able to function efficiently. o Assist R/CHMTs members to conduct medicine audit to increase accountability on health commodities and proper documentation.
3. Support implementation of IMPACT teams’ activities in the respective regions.
4. Oversee and ensure efficient management of regional project expenditure and other resources as per approved work-plan and budget.
5. Ensure timely collection and submission of Supply Chain data services data as well as support strengthening of the related M&E systems – in collaboration with the M&E team.
6. Lead efforts to robustly analyse and utilize supply chain data services data to inform regional plans, priorities and resource allocation.
7. Lead efforts to identify gaps in pharmaceutical and supply chain services provision, design and implement Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) initiatives to address the gaps identified.
8. Preparing quarterly and annual narrative reports to be submitted to key stakeholders.
9. Support and advise the line manager on all Pharmaceutical and supply chain issues and perform other relevant duties as assigned by the line manager.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
1. Degree in Pharmacy or its equivalent.
2. Minimum 5 years’ work experience in public health program including 3 years’ experience
in the relevant field at regional level.
3. Work experience in PEPFAR-funded HIV programs.
4. Experience in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL), Data Analysis, Interpretation, Utilization, CQI and Operational research in the pharmaceutical and supply chain program.
5. Ability to work and deliver under pressure and tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
6. Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and presentation skills.
7. Fluency in both written and spoken English and Swahili Languages.
8. Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
9. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and strong problem-solving skills.
10. Ability to travel to implementation districts a minimum of 80% of time