Job title: Head, Finance and Administration Division,
Start date: December 10, 2021
End date: January 9, 2022
Reference code: N° AFCHPR/2021/08
Location: Arusha, Tanzania
Organization: African Court on Human and Peoples’ Rights
The African Court was established by virtue of Article 1 of the Protocol to the African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights on the establishment of an African Court on Human and Peoples’ Rights, adopted on 9 June 1998 and came into force on 25 January 2004. It is the first continental judicial body charged with the responsibility of ensuring the protection of human and peoples’ rights. The Court became operational in 2006 and its seat is in Arusha, United Republic of Tanzania.
• Reports to: Registrar of the Court
• Directorate: Registry of the Court
• Number of Direct Reports: 08
• Number of Indirect Reports: 10
• Job grade: P5
• Contract type: Regular
• Respect for Diversity and Team Work
• Think Africa Above all
• Transparency and Accountability
• Integrity and impartiality
• Efficiency and Professionalism
• Information and Knowledge sharing.
Ensure the development and implementation of financial, accounting, budgetary and administrative management policies, strategies, procedures and optimize the use of human resources of the Court.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the President of the Court, and under the direct supervision of the Registrar, the Head, Finance and Administration Division will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
Required qualifications and relevant work experience
Applicants must have: Education qualification
University Master’s degree in Accounting or in Finance or in Management or in related fields.
• A relevant qualification in Human Resource Management or in Administration or in related fields, or a relevant professional qualification in Finance or in Accounting will be an added advantage. Work experience
• A minimum of ten (10) years relevant professional experience in a similar position, preferably in an international organization.
• Having experience in public relations, procurement and transport issues will be an added advantage.
A minimum of twelve (12) years relevant professional experience, eight (8) of which shall be in senior management level, preferably with an international organization in judicial or other relevant legal functions with regard to the above defined duties and responsibilities.
Required skills and knowledge
• Demonstrate leadership abilities;
• Good knowledge of the African human rights system;
• Strong analytical skills and ability to prepare legal submissions, opinions and motions;
• Respect for confidentiality and good public relations;
• Capacity to manage a multicultural team;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure in a multi- cultural environment;
• Excellent drafting and argumentative skills in one of the African Union working languages;
• Good planning, managing and organizational skills;
• Computer literacy.
• Proficiency in one of the AU Official working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, Spanish). Good knowledge of at least one other language above-mentioned will be an added advantage.
• Strategic Perspective
• Developing Others
• Driving Change
• Managing Risk
• Building Relationships
• Learning Orientation
• Communicating with impact
• Conceptual Thinking and Problem Solving
• Job Knowledge
• Drive for Results
• Innovation and Taking Initiative
Tenure of Appointment
The appointment will be a regular appointment for a period of three (3) years, the first twelve months of which will be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance.
The African Court is an equal opportunity employer. For this position, qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Indicative basic salary of US$54,338.00 per annum (grade P5 step 3) plus other related entitlements e.g. post adjustment (42% of basic salary), housing allowance (1,860.00 US$ per month), education allowance (100% of school fees up to a maximum of US$10,000.00 per child per annum to a maximum of four children aged 21 years maximum), spouse allowance (5% of the basic salary), child allowance (US$250 per annum per child up to four children aged 21 years maximum), etc in accordance with the Rules and Regulations governing International Civil Servants of the African Union.
All applications must be submitted through the African Union Commission’s website https://careers.au.int and be made not later than January 9, 2022.
NB: Candidates who previously applied for this position are encouraged to reapply through the aforementioned website
New 139 Jobs Vacancies at Judicial Service Commission Jobs Vacancies at Judicial Service Commission, The Judicial Service Commission (JSC) in…
100 Bancassurance Direct Sales Staff Jobs at NMB Bank PLC Are you looking for Bancassurance Direct Sales Staff Jobs, nmb…
CBU Project Lead Jobs at Vodacom Tanzania PLC Vodacom Tanzania PLC is a leading mobile network operator in Tanzania. The…
New Jobs Opportunities at Firm 23 Ltd New Jobs Opportunities at Firm 23 Ltd, Firm 23 Ltd use technology to…
Content Creation Executive at Mwananchi Communications Limited Mwananchi Communications Limited, a subsidiary of Nation Media Group, and publishers of Mwananchi,…
Executive Assistant at African Fibres Tanzania Limited African Fibres Tanzania Limited (AFT) is a leading textile manufacturing company located in…