How do job seekers use social media?
WhereIsMyTransport is a globally distributed scale-up revolutionising the way public transport information can be understood and accessed in the Majority World. Using geospatial data collection, we untangle the mysteries of public transport networks – knowledge which, when shared, creates a more equitable society. Our product does something that no-one has done before in the cities we operate in – that’s why we’re backed by some of the world’s most renowned mobility tech investors including Google and Toyota Tsusho.
JOB POSITION: Researcher (6 position)
WhereIsMyTransport are looking for six Researchers or Anthropologists on a contract basis for the following cities: Nairobi, Dar Es Salaam and Gauteng. The successful applicant should be available to work from 10 to 15 days over the following periods:
- Nairobi: mid-January to mid-February
- Dar Es Salaam: mid-February to mid-March
- Gauteng: mid-March to mid-April.
You must have good knowledge about one of these cities and its commuting system, and speak the local language. Any prior experience of research around gender equality and social inclusion is a plus.
The purpose of the researcher is to work with WhereIsMyTransport on a research project aiming to bridge the public transport gender data gap in Africa, and create an innovative research methodology and evidence-base to support more inclusive mobility in Nairobi, Dar Es Salaam and Gauteng.
You will be involved in all aspects of the research process, working with a small cross-disciplinary team; from ideation to running workshops and documentation, synthesis and analysis to deepen our understanding of the city, public transport and it’s citizens.
The Researcher is responsible for all aspects of research (planning, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting) for both generative (participatory design) and evaluative (survey) research. You will be using a variety of user testing methodologies to reveal actionable insights. You will also be comfortable working with data, from gathering and analysis through to presentation.
You will use your extensive experience combined with your research role to deliver well-thought out and articulated research insights.
You’ll be responsible for:
Creating, Planning and Facilitating
- Working with global research teams
- to gather insights on public transport in the city and the ways in which gender impacts one’s travel.
- to devise appropriate research strategies, to generate focused insights, and ensure that the most essential questions are investigated using suitable research methodologies
- Planning, designing and conducting the workshops from recruitment through to moderation, analysis and reporting.
- Modelling insights gained from research into formats to enhance our understanding of our users – such as personas and user journey maps.
- Developing and maintaining impeccable documentation of every activity.
- Improving the integrity of our thought process thanks to attributable research and strategic insight