How do job seekers use social media?
Table of Contents
Laboratory Technician Job at ICAP Tanzania
Laboratory Technician at ICAP, The Tanzania HIV Impact Survey (THIS) is a national population-level HIV impact assessment (PHIA) conducted with support from the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and technical assistance through the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and ICAP at Columbia University.
Reports to: THIS Satellite Lab Team Lead
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Location: TBD
Travel: Up to 80% in intervention districts outside of job location
THIS is being led by the Government of Tanzania (GoT) through Tanzania Commission for AIDS (TACAIDS) and Zanzibar AIDS Commission (ZAC), and the Ministries of Health (MoH) of Mainland and Zanzibar, National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), the Office of Chief Government Statistician (OCGS), and the President’s Office Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG).
The survey will be implemented by NBS, OCGS, and ICAP in collaboration with local partners, including the National Institute of Medical Research (NIMR), the Zanzibar Institute of Health Research (ZAHRI), Public Health Laboratories, the National AIDS Control Program (NACP), and the Zanzibar Integrated HIV, Hepatitis, Tuberculosis and Leprosy Program (ZIHHTLP).
Laboratory Technician Job at ICAP Overall Job Function:
THIS has identified hospital laboratories and mobile labs to serve as satellite laboratories during survey implementation. These laboratories will be equipped to provide HIV QA testing, CD4 testing, separate and store THIS specimens collected from field before shipment to the central lab for further testing, analysis, and storage. Laboratory Technician at ICAP
The THIS Satellite Lab Technologist will be responsible for receiving and processing of whole blood samples, including plasma separation and aliquoting, performing QA HIV Rapid testing, HIV confirmatory test using Geenius assay, PIMA CD4 testing, DBS preparation, manage temporal storage of specimens and shipping of plasma aliquots and DBS cards using cold chain system to the designated central laboratory. Laboratory Technician at ICAP
As data collection moves in a phased approach across Tanzania, the THIS Satellite Laboratory Technicians will also relocate to the respective satellite laboratories in each area where data collection is taking place
Laboratory Technician Job at ICAP Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Receiving blood specimens from the field in accordance with THIS SOPs.
- Log and inventory all received specimens in LDMS.
- Separation and aliquoting of plasma specimens.
- Preparation of DBS specimens. Laboratory Technician at ICAP
- Managing temporary storage of plasma and DBS specimens in LDMS.
- Performing QA/QC HIV retesting.
- Performing HIV confirmatory testing using Geenius assay.
- Performing PIMA CD4 testing
- Performing elution and aliquoting of QC material for field teams.
- Management and proper filling of records
- Manage all non-confirming events emanating from field and the lab.
- Assist with resolution of HIV discrepancy results through additional testing and return of results
- Cleaning and equipment maintenance.
- Adherence to laboratory Health and Safety procedures.
- Using LDMS, ship specimens from satellite labs to central lab in accordance with THIS SOPs.
- Assist THIS lab activities as required
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
Laboratory Technician Job at ICAP Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Required Education: Diploma in laboratory technology
- Preferred: Degree in biomedical sciences or laboratory technology
- Required Technical Experience: Minimum 1 year work experience in a busy medical laboratory. Experience in HIV serology will be an added advantage.Laboratory Technician at ICAP
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with fluency in English and Kiswahili required.
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint at minimum; preferred proficiency with statistical Software such as SAS and SPSS).
- Attention to detail and high accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to lead and work with a diverse team
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and strong problem-solving skills.
- Flexible to work after normal working hours and on weekends with significant travel outside of duty station.
Laboratory Technician Job at ICAP Mode of Application
The position is contingent upon availability of grant funding. Columbia University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, gender, religion, creed, national and ethnic origin, age, citizenship, status as a perceived or actual victim of domestic violence, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a Vietnam era or disabled veteran, or any other legally protected status
Check more information about:- icap tanzania job, new job opportunities at icap tanzania 2022, latest job vacancies at icap tanzania 2022, icap tanzania email address, icap tanzania jobs, icap tanzania jobs 2022, jobs in icap, icap job application, icap job portal, icap tanzania job, icap lab job tanzania, icap lab job description, icap lab job
The deadline for submitting the application is 02 June 2022.
We are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. “If you do not hear from us within 14 days from the closing date of this advert, please consider yourself unsuccessful.”
Advert related to jobs tanzania 2022, jobs tanzania 2022, jobs tanzania, jobs tanzania march 2022, jobs tanzania january 2022, jobs tanzania government, undp jobs tanzania, zoom jobs tanzania, unhcr jobs tanzania, mabumbe jobs tanzania, icap jobs tanzania, great jobs tanzania, ngo jobs tanzania, Laboratory Technician at ICAP, new jobs tanzania, us embassy jobs tanzania, total jobs tanzania, jobs in tanzania, jobs in tanzania 2022, jobs in tanzania for foreigners, jobs in tanzania 2022, nafasi za kazi dar es salaam, nafasi za kazi 2022 dar es salaam, ajira portal, nafasi za kazi tamisemi, nafasi za kazi wiki hii, nafasi za kazi mashirika binafsi 2022, ajira tanzania