Country Director Jobs at Action Against Hunger August, 2022
Get information related to: country director jobs, country director jobs in africa, country director jobs in uganda, country director jobs in kenya, country director jobs in ethiopia, country director jobs in tanzania, country director jobs in ghana, action against hunger jobs in tanzania, action against hunger jobs lebanon, action against hunger jobs uk, actions against hunger jobs
Action Against Hunger is a global leader in the fight against hunger. For 40 years, across nearly 50 countries, we have led the global fight. We save the lives of children and their families. We are there for them before and after disaster strikes. We enable people to provide for themselves, see their children grow up strong, and for whole communities to prosper. We constantly search for more effective solutions, while sharing our knowledge and expertise with the world. We push for long–term change. We will never give up. Until the world is free from hunger.
We are currently seeking for a transformational leader to be our Country Director in Tanzania. Specifically, we are seeking a visionary leader with robust programmatic experience. The Country Director position will be responsible to develop and execute a country growth strategy that will ensure relevance and impact of Action Against Hunger in Tanzania.
Candidates need to show relevant experience of have managed diverse program portfolios, increased significantly diverse funding portfolios, and have proven records of external engagement with a variety of stakeholders including local and national government entities as well as local and international organizations.
As Tanzania is an emerging economy that is still dealing with significant internal inequities reflected on the development indicators across the country, the future Action Against Hunger Tanzania Country Leader will need to be creative and innovative in exploring, beyond the regular donor funding mechanisms, other sources of funding that can ensure sustainability of our interventions in the local context.
- At least 10 years of senior management experience
- Minimum 10 years of work in development contexts, preferable with experience in emerging economies in Africa.
- Overall knowledge of Action Against Hunger key areas of intervention.
- Previous experience of managing successfully organizational change processes
- Results driven and demonstrable ability to set and communicate goals and ensure effective and appropriate decision making and problem solving.
- Ability to organize, mentor, engage and motivate a multicultural team
- Experience in fundraising from a diverse donor portfolio in similar contexts like Kenya (emerging economies), preferably in Africa.
REQUIRED SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge on developing and executing Business plans
- High level financial management skills to steer the operational budget and modeling scenarios
- Proven analytical skills and ability to think strategically.
- Very good level of IT literacy and an understanding of how new developments in technology can positively contribute to the aims of an INGO
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to motivate and influence internally and externally.
- Understanding of managing security and risk within an INGO context
- Fluent in English (professional English needed)
Action Against Hunger-USA provides all staff with an attractive salary & benefits package. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Action Against Hunger-USA complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button. All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated resume. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Dear reader, do not be confused when you come across very different headlines about Jobs Vacancy at Action Against Hunger The reader may find it confusing and think it is a different ad, The reason for having a different title for this ad is due to the presence of many bloggers in Tanzania and every blogger writes a title in his own words. You can find a title like this on popular blogs like Mabumbe jobs, Ajirayako jobs, Jobwikis jobs and Ajiraleo jobs
Action Against Hunger Offers attractive salary to workers as a motivation for work, also covers Insurance. For those with bachelor degree have more advantage in wining this positions.