How do job seekers use social media?
Table of Contents
Chief of Party Jobs Opportunities at FHI 360 2022
chief of party jobs in africa, chief of party jobs in tanzania, chief of party jobs in kenya, chief of party jobs in tanzania, chief of party jobs in uganda, deputy chief of party jobs, usaid chief of party jobs pk, fhi 360 jobs, fhi 360 salaries, fhi 360 jobs in kano, fhi 360 careers, fhi 360 philippines jobs, fhi 360 chief of party salary
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in education, health, nutrition, economic development, civil society, environment, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
FHI 360 is seeking qualified candidates for the Chief of Party position for an anticipated multi-sectoral nutrition activity in Tanzania. The USAID Tanzania Regional Multi–sectoral Nutrition Activity is part of the U.S. Government’s (USG) Global Food Security Strategy (GFSS) 2022-2026, which promotes global food security, resilience, and nutrition and the USAID global health initiative to prevent maternal and child deaths. The purpose of this activity is to strengthen the health and food market systems that promote adoption of optimal nutrition-related behaviors across a range of stakeholders in targeted regions.
This purpose will be achieved by a) increasing the coverage of quality nutrition services at health facilities and community; b) improving consumption of safe, nutritious foods; and c) increasing capacity of councils to utilize data, plan, budget, and deliver quality nutrition services.
This will be a full-time position based in Dar es Salaam for a duration of five years. Tanzanian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply. Availability of the position is contingent upon successful award of the activity to FHI 360.
Provides strategic vision, overall leadership, and technical direction to the project. Provides support and direction for the provision of technical assistance and the management of grants or subcontracts for local partners, including the development of capacity building and social accountability tools and tracking systems as needed. Ensures the project is planned and executed with quality, accountability, and measurable impact according to industry standards. Understands the political dynamics in Tanzania and works collaboratively with government and non-government stakeholders.
Chief of Party Jobs Opportunities at FHI 360 2022
- Identifies issues and risks to program implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments and mitigation plans
- Serves as the project’s principal liaison with USAID, government counterparts, donors, and community stakeholders, and build and maintain effective relationships with all key stakeholders
- Establishes relationships with government counterparts, civil society, and small businesses for engagement in the project
- Oversees financial and administrative management of the project, ensuring budget discipline and compliance with FHI 360 policies and procedures and USAID rules and regulations
- Supervises the development and submission of program deliverables and provide accurate and timely reporting to USAID and key stakeholders on all program areas
- Oversees the establishment of effective and accurate project reporting, monitoring and evaluation, financial management, and personnel and procurement systems
- Ensures the achievement of high-quality deliverables and results per the workplan and M&E plan and according to industry best practices and standards
- Provides onsite support and supervision to project teams and partners on a regular basis to ensure quality implementation of project activities
- Conducts performance assessments of direct supervisees, identifying and recommending areas for improvement and opportunities for professional development
- Mentors and manages staff in a respectful and transparent manner, working with staff to build their technical and administrative capacity
- Serves as a member of the FHI 360’s Country Leadership Team and provide input and assistance to FHI 360’s broader country priorities where necessary.
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in nutrition, public health, or a related field
- Minimum of 15 years of project management experience (including at least 10 years of strategic leadership and/or line management experience)
- Experience in leading and managing nutrition projects in complex environments involving coordination with multiple partner institutions, strongly preferred
- Demonstrated success in managing USAID contracts/agreements and familiarity with USAID rules and regulations
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, staff development, and capacity building for multisectoral nutrition programs – technical background in governance, systems strengthening, food security or resilience related programming a plus
- Demonstrated ability to develop and foster relationships with local government counterparts, civil society organizations, and donors. Experience at the district and regional level preferred
- Excellent communication (both oral and written), analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and cross-cultural skills
- Demonstrated experience in Tanzania strongly preferred.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
VIEW MORE JOBS AT FHI 360
FHI 360 envisions a world in which all individuals and communities have the opportunity to reach their highest potential.
To improve lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions for human development.
Subscribe to our A Deeper Look podcast on iTunes: http://apple.co/2hWUPRw