How do job seekers use social media?
Table of Contents
WASH Technical Assistant Sanitation at Norwegian Refugee Council October, 2022
WASH Technical Assistant: All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
The global water sanitation and hygiene (WASH) sector is a $10 billion industry. It is the largest employer in the world, employing over 20 million people. The WASH sector has been growing at an average of 6% per year for the past decade, and it is expected to grow at a rate of 7% per year until 2020. The global water sanitation & hygiene (wash) salary IN TANZANIA is $1,000.
The purpose of the assistant position is to assist in the day-to-day implementation of the WASH project.
- Supervise and monitor construction of sanitation facilities (household and institutional latrines)
- Request latrine construction materials from the warehouse in a timely manner, supervise and monitor distribution of latrines construction materials to the beneficiaries.
- Monitor and ensure proper usage of the latrine construction materials, assets and tools.
- Monitor proper positioning of the latrines on the site
- Facilitate community mobilization for all activities related to the provision of sanitation facilities and hygiene promotion, in close coordination with the NRC shelter team
- Facilitate effective implementation of sanitation activities which includes supervision and monitoring of latrine construction, fabrication of slabs and ensuring tasks are completed correctly and on schedule
- Conduct latrine coverage assessments and continuous gap identification and analysis.
- Take account of gender, protection, HIV, the environment, and other important cross-cutting concerns in program design, implementation, and reporting; carries out activities in a way that reflects the needs of specific groups and individuals e.g. elderly people, minority groups, children, and people with disabilities
- Capacity building, supervision and monitoring of refugee community workers.
- Represent NRC in relevant meetings when called upon.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Diploma in Civil engineering or water engineer, or relevant practical experience. Possibly experience in social work and / or humanitarian assistance.
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information.
- Experience in community mobilization
- Knowledge of Kirundi
- Political and cultural awareness
- Ability to work independently in a result oriented multi-tasking and multi-cultural environment
- Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of disadvantaged populations (minority groups etc)
- Experience from working as an WASH Assistant or Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, oral and written
- Participate in appropriate professional development of project portfolio
Duty station: Nyarugusu Camp, Tanzania
Duration and type of contract: 3 months with possibility of extension subject to funding availability
“Female candidates are encouraged to apply “
The deadline for submitting the application is 14 October 2022.
|danish refugee council jobs
|norwegian refugee council internship
|norwegian refugee council salary scale pdf
|norwegian refugee council address
|norwegian refugee council tanzania
|nrc application login
|nrc apply online
wash jobs in tanzania, wash jobs in tanzania 2022, wash technical officer, wash technical assistant, wash assistant responsibilities, wash assistant meaning