Senior Supervisor geita gold mining job | job at geita gold mine | geita mining jobs | geita gold mining job opportunity | geita gold mine vacancies | geita gold mine jobs 2021
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Senior Supervisor – Lease Exploration & Coreshed
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time
Reporting to: Superintendent – Resourcing, Coreshed & Tenement Management
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The role of Senior Supervisor (Lease Exploration and Coreshed) within the Resourcing group is to ensure that there are safe and efficient work processes and to provide the right resources at the right time according to the schedule, so that activities are completed on time and on budget. These resources include provision of consumables and equipment, as well as coordinating the maintenance of Exploration Geology facilities and equipment.
- Advanced Diploma in Geology or above.
- At least 5 years relevant exploration / coreshed management experience is required.
- Possession of Tanzanian driving license is an added advantage.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Deliver facilities and resource management strategies:
- Resourcing strategies to deliver the required outputs such as core processing and related activities to the core processing facility
- Maintenance strategies and schedules (equipment and facilities)
- Facilities Management Plan implemented and audited
- Systems and Process models and supporting documentation and tools for lease exploration and core shed.
- Deliver Resourcing budget, forecasts and report performance to plans, keeping manager informed of;
- Costs accountable to the position and any significant variances to plans, risks are escalated to the Geology Planning and Scheduling Superintendent
- Consumables and equipment available for the team so they can conduct their work effectively and efficiently
- PO/ PR and SES are updated as required and the correct costs codes and cost elements are attributed
- KPIs measured and reported on a daily/ weekly and monthly basis.
- Provide input into the budgeting process.
- Deliver compliance with site HSEC policies, management systems and processes within lease exploration and core shed team:
- Resourcing HSEC performance
- Resourcing adherence to legislative, regulatory and license requirements
- Resourcing Risk Assessment
- Action Plans, Audits and Critical Controls
- Contribute to update/review of Geology HSEC Strategic Plan
- Improve upon organizational capability of the Resourcing team to deliver Resourcing strategies to support the LOM Plan.
- In accordance with How We Work, implement the practices outlined in the AGAA Accountability, Performance and Development Framework
- Participate in formal personal effectiveness reviews
- Assist in the training of new starters
- input to update and review the Resourcing role accountabilities
- Maintain procedures and safe work instruction for lease exploration and core shed workflows
- Capable of Geological and Geotech Logging
- Planning capability
- SAP software skills
- MS Project skills
- Sampling skills
- All exploration execution proceduresDeveloping, coaching, and mentoring others
- Valuing diversity and differences
- Managing effective teams and work groups
- Supervisory skills
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the ‘APPLY’ button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Senior Supervisor – Lease Exploration & Coreshed.”
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 3rd November 2021 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing email@example.com or use the internet here.