SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is a local non-government organization affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, a worldwide child care and protection organization that provides orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational opportunities. Established 60 years ago, SOS Children’s Villages International the umbrella organization, currently has Children’s Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world. Globally, it runs the SOS Children’s Village Programme which has two main arms, i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children’s Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities. SOS has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991, and implements its programs in the following locations Zanzibar, Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Iringa. SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania seeks to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions;
Job Title: Driver ( 3 Posts)
Duty station: Arusha (2) and Zanzibar
Reporting to: Admin Cum HR Officer
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Driver is responsible for meeting the transportation needs of the SOS Children’s Village . In doing so, he carries an important responsibility, being entrusted with the lives of staff, Children, properties and the reputation of SOS. In all his work he should present a good role model for the Village children
- Carries out the driving requirements of the Office as directed by the Administrator, who is responsible for coordinating vehicle
- trips using the shortest possible
- Avoids unnecessary deviations and multiple trips to minimize mileage and time wastage.
- Use of SOS vehicles for personal trips is strictly prohibited.
- Records all trips in the vehicle log-book, the odometer readings and the number of litres at the time of refueling
- Drives safely at all times to protect the safety of the car, staff and their properties.
- Displays good road manners and obeys all traffic regulations. Stops only where it is safe to do so.
- Accepts responsibility for damage caused by gross negligence, and may be required to pay for such damage.
- Follows the correct procedure in the event of an accident. Notifies the Administrator and appropriate authorities immediately, and renders assistance where necessary.
- Ensures vehicles are maintained in good working condition.
- Perform routine checks before during and after each route (i.e lights, indicators, brakes, tyre pressure, oil, battery and radiator etc.).
- Reports any defects or fault to the Administrator as
- Ensures all necessary servicing is performed by reputable or authorised/ approved agencies, at a reasonable cost.
- Maintains the cleanliness of vehicles. Regularly wash the interior and exterior.
- Ensures always vehicles have a sufficient amount of fuel.
- Ensures that the vehicles servicing schedule is properly maintained at the required kilometres as advised by the officially accepted garage.
- With the assistance of the responsible officer dispatch and collect all official documents to board members and any other office as may be required
- Collect letters from the post box
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES:
- A- Level Secondary Education
- Driving License Class B,C, C1, D,E
- 1 year experience
- Motor vehicle Troubleshooting,
- Traffic Safety rules and regulations
- Long and short distance Driving
How to apply:
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit their application letter by email describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies make you the right candidate for this position. Enclose ONLY detailed and updated CV with telephone contacts, email address and details of at least 3 refer- ees.The candidate MUST clearly indicate the title of position applied for. Only contacted candidates for the interview will submit copies of academic, professional certificates and passport size photo. Closing date is 25th November, 2021. To apply please send to;