Projects analyst Jobs at UNDP July 2022
Projects analyst Jobs at UNDP, UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
projects analyst jobs, projects analyst jobs dar es salaam, projects analyst jobs kigamboni, projects analyst jobs kariakoo, undp jobs Tanzania, undp jobs, undp jobs india, undp jobs fiji, undp jobs in bangladesh
- Adaptation planning governance and institutional coordination strengthened.
- Evidence base for designing adaptation solutions strengthened, and
- A national adaptation plan developed and validated.
- Plan the activities of the project and monitor progress against the approved workplan.
- Execute activities by managing personnel, goods and services, training, and low-value grants, including drafting terms of reference and work specifications, and overseeing all contractors’ work.
- Provide support for completion of assessments required by UNDP, spot checks and audits.
- Monitor financial resources and accounting to ensure the accuracy and reliability of financial reports.
- Ensure that changes are controlled, and problems addressed.
- Perform regular progress reporting to the project board as agreed with the board, including measures to address challenges and opportunities.
- Prepare and submit financial reports to UNDP on a quarterly basis.
- Capture lessons learned during project implementation.
- Prepare revisions to the multi-year workplan, as needed, as well as annual and quarterly plans if required.
- Prepare the inception report no later than one month after the inception workshop.
- Prepare the GCF bi-annual report.
- Assess major and minor amendments to the project within the parameters set by UNDP–NCE.
- Support the Terminal Evaluation process.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 2: Scale up solutions and simplifies processes, balances speed and accuracy in doing work.
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 2: Offer new ideas/open to new approaches, demonstrate systemic/integrated thinking.
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 2: Go outside comfort zone, learn from others and support their learning.
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 2: Adapt processes/approaches to new situations, involve others in change process.
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 2: Able to persevere and deal with multiple sources of pressure simultaneously.
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 2: Is facilitator/integrator, bring people together, build/maintain coalitions/partnerships.
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 2: Facilitate conversations to bridge differences, considers in decision making.
Cross Functional/Technical competencies
Show Managerial Courage:
- Face up to organizational and people problems Not be afraid to take decision and action when and as needed Not hold back anything that needs to be said, respectfully and diplomatically.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals.
- Ability to allocate and use resources in a strategic or tactical in line with principles of accountability and integrity.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize, and oversee the Organizational /project’s business processes in order to convert its assets into the best results in the most efficient manner.
Result based Management
- Ability to manage programmes and projects with a focus at improved performance and demonstrable results.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience.
Effective decision making
- Ability to take decisions in a timely and efficient manner in line with ones authority, area of expertise and resources.
Required Skills and Experience
- A Master’s degree in a subject related to Natural Resource Management, Climate Change, Environmental Sciences and related fields.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant fields in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience will be given due consideration in lieu of Master’s degree.
- Minimum 2 years (Bachelor’s degree) of demonstrable project/programme management experience working with ministries, national local governments institutions that are concerned with natural resource and/or environmental management;
- Strong leadership, managerial and coordination skills, with a demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate the implementation of large multi-stakeholder projects, including financial and technical aspects;
- Ability to effectively manage technical and administrative teams, work with a wide range of stakeholders across various sectors and at all levels, to develop durable partnerships with collaborating agencies;
- Ability to administer budgets, train and work effectively with counterpart staff at all levels and with all groups involved in the project;
- Strong drafting, presentation and reporting skills;
- Strong communication skills, especially in timely and accurate responses to emails;
- Strong computer skills, in particular mastery of all applications of the MS Office package and internet search;
- Strong knowledge about the political and socio-economic context related to the Tanzania environment and climate change landscapes;
- Ability to manage competing priorities;
- Ability to oversee the work of and provide guidance to staff;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behavior.
- Excellent command of English and Swahili is a requirement.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Same Posting Description for Internal and External Candidates.
The deadline for submitting the application is 27 July 2022.