New Job Vacancies at SFI Tanzania, 2021, sisal companies in tanzania, estate manager salary, duties of estate manager in school, estate manager jobs, nafasi za kazi tanga, great tanzania jobs 2021
Jobs in Tanzania 2021: New Job Vacancies at SFI Tanzania, 2021
Handeni, Tanga, Tanzania
SFI Tanzania Ltd, an agriculture and forestry investment company based in Korogwe and Handeni districts, Tanga is eager to recruit a professional, dynamic and hands-on Estate Manager. The successful incumbent will be responsible for the management of sisal production, staff management to ensure optimal output, adhering to sisal production and planting targets, adherence to Health and Safety standards and the implementation of Forestry best practices.
- Sisal Management
- Adherence to production and planting targets
- Accomplishes sisal production staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow to the General Manager.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established health and safety policies and procedures.
- Maintains working relationship with the union by following the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensure zero tolerance to sisal theft
- Ensure zero tolerance to employees working under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Ensure zero tolerance to harassment and discrimination. Report such incidents to the GM
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees as per HR policies
- Manage change and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Treat all company information as confidential
- Transparency of his activities to his superiors
- Staff management
- Manage daily production and staff meetings prior to the workday
- Ensure all employees have contracts of employment prior to commencement with duties
- Ensure all employees have NSSF numbers prior to commencement with duties
- Ensure disciplinary statistics are submitted on a monthly basis
- Ensure medical statistics are submitted on a monthly basis
- Plan, monitor and enforce leave for all employees. Submit leave forms to HR on a monthly basis
- Manage overtime of employees to ensure no abuse of overtime
- Ensure new employees are trained on company policies, procedures and safety
- Plan and submit training requests. Ensure all training is combined with an attendance register and certificate of training
- Report injuries on duty to the SHEQ Officer
- Ensure all employees adhere to health and Safety requirements
- Submit monthly reports to the General Manager
- Attend monthly management meetings
- Attend SAT, TPAWU and TSB meetings when required
- Attend quarterly Health and Safety meetings
- Ensure minutes of meetings are kept for all meetings
- Ensure fire statistics are updated
- Ensure effective management of illegal activities reporting
- Foster a professional relationship with stakeholders and communities
- Report grievances from the community and employees to the GM
- Ensure the labour camps are clean
- Ensure all outgrowers and intercroppers have signed contracts
- Sisal Training and Development, Standard Operating Procedure
- Provide sisal advice/training to Field Supervisors when needed
- Coach and mentor subordinates on sisal best practices
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and participating in professional societies.
- Attend training as and when required by SFI Tanzania
- Adhere to company policies relating to leave matters and working hours
- Ensure that all deadlines are adhered to and maintained
- Ensure that there is a sisal standard operating procedure drawn up and maintained for each workplace activity
Experience and Qualification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture or Agriculture Engineering.
- 5 Years working experience in Agriculture sector.
- Extensive knowledge of sisal practices and agriculture legislation in Tanzania Experience with FSC or other certificates advantageous.
- Adequate knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management.
- Familiarity with business and financial principles and practices.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Leadership, staff management and organizational skills.
- Computer literate – Word processing, Excel spreadsheets, data collation and presentation.
- Working knowledge of Swahili and English essential.
- Valid driver’s license.
Reporting : General Manager
Job Location : Handeni District, Tanga Region, Tanzania
Remuneration : Industry related
Deadline : 15th January, 2022.
HOW TO APPLY
Forward application, copies of qualifications and contactable references to [email protected]
NOTE: if you have not been contacted by 20th January, 2022; kindly accept your application as Unsuccessful.